Great Stirrup & Nassau

nycruiser1975

DH and I are planning on sailing in April on the Spirit. We have picked our excursions for Orlando, and Miami, but for Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau, we did not see anything too interesting. Can anyone make a suggestion just in case we do not go with NCL's excursion offers. Thank you. We are first timers. :D

We did that cruise last April. In GSC, we just enjoyed the great beach, brought our own snorkel gear, and had a GREAT day! They have a BBQ lunch on the beach and there is a small shopping area. We had a wonderful & relaxing day.

In Nassau we went to Atlantis on our own at night. The "Dig" was free to get into (not sure what time the money taker leaves) and it was amazing to walk around their grounds! The next day we took a horse and buggy ride and shopped a little. There is a zoo & gardens there that is supposed to be nice, and much cheaper to do on your own than by booking an excursion. However...if time is an issue...pay the extra and book NCL's excursion. On my cruise, a couple didn't make it back to the ship in time and we left without them! They had to use a Nassau police boat to catch up to the ship! I'm sure it cost them a fortune!

Archived