Residence Inn Tampa Downtown

djd1023

This was a clean hotel. They have a secured parking lot across the street. We (3 women and a teenage girl) were quite safe. Our room was quite nice - two bedrooms, a living area and a small kitchen. Of course we didn't cook but with the microwave and refrigerator, we could have popped popcorn and had a cold soda.

The next morning there was a decent breakfast in the lobby area. If memory serves, you could make waffles. They had cereal, rolls, toast, bagels, doughnuts, bacon and sausage, and (I think) scrambled eggs. The usual coffee, apple juice, grapefruit juice and orange juice was included. They did have some fresh fruit and yogurt. We definitely had a full breakfast.

I can't tell you how much our room was. My aunt arranged with our TA to pay for it. Of course, the TA was her daughter. I suspect it was one of her daughter's perks.

• 1 year later...
Now I am looking to see if they have a free airport shuttle...

Staying here tomorrow and Sunday night. Got it on Priceline for $65/night. They do not have an airport shuttle, probably about $20-25 for a taxi. They do have a shuttle to the pier, aquarium, Channelside, and Ybor City.

Archived