Just off the CARNIVAL BREEZE from Port Canaveral. Here's My Review.

Cruisin_Husker

I was surprised your “floating buffet” didn't include a visit to the Italian restaurant on embarkation day. We find it one of the few spots to enjoy as it is out of the way and not generally found until the first sea day.

I do regret we did not try it...it had been awhile since we had been on Carnival and simply were unaware and thought it was a surcharge restaurant. We won't make that same mistake next time!

GARDEN BUFFET: Grade C. On embarkation day, after BBQ and a burger, I then meet my wife in the garden buffet and sampled several items which were all hot. The line at the first buffet line after entering from the pool area was moderate to long, but the best kept secret is to keep walking to the aft buffet because no one was there and no lines. I give the garden buffet a grade of C for two primary reasons: 1. The lines tend to get long at peak times; and 2. The breakfast does not open until 7:30 on sea days which is late for early risers leading to a big line right at 7:30 when it does open. The lines on port days when it opens at 7:00 were non-existent. It generally started getting busy around 8:00. Otherwise the food is on par with other cruise lines.

DELI. Grade B. The sandwiches are good and freshly made to your liking which would have received a grade of A except I downgraded because the service can be described in three words: SLOW, SLOWER, and SLOWEST.

MONGOLIAN WOK: Grade A. Great mongolian / Asian food and fast service despite normally long lines.

PIZZA: Grade B. The pizza on Carnival is very tasty--fresh made in a wood fired grill. Lines can be a bit long at peak times but it’s open 24x7.

BLUE IGUANA. Grade A. Another great Tex-Mex option with great tacos, burritos, and taco bowls. You can get shrimp tacos as well (although shrimp is not listed on the taco side it is available on the burrito side). Lines for the tacos are normally short and fast but the line on the side for the burrito / salad bowl can get long during peak times.

REDFROG PUB. Grade C on this ship (On the Vista I would give it an A) My wife and I headed to the redfrog pub on deck 5 hoping it had half off happy hour on embarkation and port days like the redfrog on Carnival Vista did. Much to our chagrin and disappointment, no such luck on the breeze. Further disappointing was the lack of self serve beer taps like the Vista. If you want to drink Redfrog beer it looked like it would be at full price the entire cruise--bummer! Also, they only served the red variety (not the IPA, wheat, etc as served on Vista)

I follow a vlog on YouTube, a married couple and their family who just finished up a cruise on the Breeze. In one of their videos i watched her use a self dispensing beer tap somewhere on the ship, I think it was $4.00-$5.00 per pour and maybe outside by the Pig and Anchor??

I follow a vlog on YouTube, a married couple and their family who just finished up a cruise on the Breeze. In one of their videos i watched her use a self dispensing beer tap somewhere on the ship, I think it was $4.00-$5.00 per pour and maybe outside by the Pig and Anchor??

Yes there is ONE self pour tap on 10 AFT by the pizzeria. It's .29 ounce and is the RedFrog Thirsty Red. Unfortunately it was out of service the majority of the cruise even though it was supposed to be open I think 9 am - 11pm everyday (it's in the funtimes the times it's supposed to be open).

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, BeachLoverstoo said:

I was surprised your “floating buffet” didn't include a visit to the Italian restaurant on embarkation day. We find it one of the few spots to enjoy as it is out of the way and not generally found until the first sea day. The only downside is the basketball court overhead.

I'm thrilled to see the violinists are on the Breeze. They were our go-to pre-dinner music on the Magic. We were hoping they'd be on board for the Journey's cruise next month.

I eat a low carb diet so on our last sea day I ate at Guy's BBQ place and then met up with everyone else at the Italian place.  They said it was very good, but so was mine!