NCL pride of america

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are crusing POA May 5th-12th. Have you booked any excursions yet? My DH does not like the idea of a rental car since he does not want to waste anytime and would rather let the tour do the work for him ... so we have only signed up for a rental car for one day in Maui. Our other excursions are already booked through the cruise line. Our first day in Maui we are renting a car and have signed up for the Old Lahaina Luau. Not sure what we will do during the day... any ideas? We have signed up for Molokini Crater Snorkle 2nd day in Maui. In Hilo we are doing the Volcano Biking (14 mile bike ride, lunch on the ocean etc), and in Kona we will be doing the body glove snorkle. I think it has a slide and lunch provided and good bathrooms on the boat! We are discovering the Jungle Falls by Kayak thru NCL in Kauai, but have not planned anything for our second day there. My DH does not want to spend the extra $$$ on a helicopter ride, so I am leaving that day open as of now. Any suggestions? Our last day there we are taking the NCL early bird tour of Pearl Harbor, which also includes transportation back to the airport. I'd love to hear what you are planning!

Hi, All.

Wanted to jump in here to lend some assist if I may, regarding your upcoming trip onboard NCL to Hawaii. If you have questions regarding either this ship, cruise, and/or the Islands, please feel free to voice them; not only have we taken the cruise (during the December timeframe), but I've also lived there for a number of years (in fact, our youngest son was born there).

I saw your questions regarding what to do on Maui...

It think it a grand idea to have decided on renting a car there; there is Soooo much to see/do, and tours on Maui just don't quite step up to what you can accomplish on your own. One this is a MUST for you to do while there... you must travel the Hana Highway; a 68-mile journey of some of the most scenic, breath-taking, natural wonders of not only the islands, but in the world -for sure. When we went (and we went with another couple), we rented an open-top jeep and literally had one of the most exciting, adventure-filled times of the entire cruise (which stopped at five ports on four islands).

Also, if you're headed to Kauai, make sure to get on the excursion to participate in the luau there. Like I mentioned earlier, having lived on the islands for a few years, I had the opportunity to attend many luaus, and up-until that point thought Germane's (on Oahu) to be the best; however this one FAR exceed the much more "commercialized" one on Oahu. Besides, it gave great historical perspective of how it all began... islanders arriving, and why, etc. Excellent! One other point, because we got the entire package, dinner included, not only did we get a seven course fine dining experience with our own personal show, and tour of the mansion, but also escaped the crowds for the luau and were seated directly up front, never missing a single thing in the performance. DEFINITELY one of the cruise ship excersions you HAVE TO step up to!

Lastly, I had written a review of the cruise (the one you're about to join in with), and is posted on Cruise Critic, if you care to scan it for other ideas.

In the meantime, I do hope your adventure is as exciting for you as it was for us.

Happy sailing!

George*

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there were are also boarding on the June 9th cruise! Look forward to it. It is our first time to Hawaii and my first cruise. Just wondering about the Maui stop we are planning to go to the Old Lahaina Luau should we rent a car or cab back afterwards?

• 6 months later...

Archived