Who's been on Ecstasy?

cela

We are having a "female first cousins only" reunion on the Ecstasy in May 2006. No children, spouses, male cousins etc. allowed. Since the Ecstasy has been in FEMA service lately, not much information is available. We will be on the Upper deck about mid ship. Any input about the Ecstasy would be appreciated. I was on the Conquest this past Christmas through New Year's Day (the one that was delayed due to fog) and loved it. Will the Ecstasy be equal to the task? Thanks to everyone for any information.

Hey!

We went on the Ecstasy November 2004. It's a wonderful ship. It's not the prettiest ship,(the decor is a little too blue built in 1991) It will go into dry dock before re-sailing. But we found that the food was better on that cruise then our others. You should have a wonderful time! We would sail her again ANYDAY!

Here is some pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/235786602LTzfFW

Glad to see the time and thought spent on my title is appreciated. I knew it would get noticed. LOL

Thanks for the information and pictures of the Ecstasy. You're right. There is a lot of blue. As long as the ship is in good shape, the food is somewhat tasty and the drinks are available, color will be beside the point. Our group is just looking to relax, enjoy what a cruise has to offer and build some good family memories. We haven't all been together since we were kids except for weddings and funerals as we are scattered all over the country.

Any other input will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

I was on the Ecstasy last spring with grandkids...and liked it much more than I expected. Food and service was better than the "Pride"...of course it is not the size of the Conquest...

I am considering Conquest for May myself...but prices may put me back on Ecstasy and I wont mind a bit.

When we were on her they had a great female Cruise Director...dont know if she is still there.

Again, thanks for the information. This trip has been in the planning stages for about a year. Do you know how hard it is to get 9 women with families and jobs to agree on a date, location and itinerary? That was a challenge. LOL We are all very easy going and just want to make the most of this time. Any secrets or hints about the ship, ports, etc. will be appreciated.

I've been on the Conquest twice, a few other ships and leaving Sunday on the Valor with my husband. Last year I went on the Ectasy with two other girls from work. The best trip I've ever had (might be because we left our husbands and kids home!) The Ectasy is really nice, not as big as some, but you won't notice. The best part was staying in Cozumel so late and visiting Carlos and Charlies! Ya'll will have a blast!:cool:

My very first cruise was on the Ectasy, a 4 dayer out of Long Beach, Catalina and Ensenada. After the 7 day Carribbean it doesn't sound like much of an itinerary, but it did get me hooked, and the ship is smaller than the others, BUT the service was the best, and we were still finding things the last day, and I don't think it is necessarily the ship, but your companions and attitude can make it great. I guess it is like your first love, the memories are so good, and last a lifetime. I only hope my trip in just 30 DAYS to Mexico, leaves as good memory.

I was on it in 2002 and to be honest, the ship's decor wasn't my cup of tea. So much glitz and plastic. I think a lot of it was because two months earlier I had sailed on the brand new Star Princess. NO comparison! But, the 4 night cruise on Ecstasy was fun, regardless of the decor. AND, I think the food and dining room experience is the BEST on Carnival!

Just go with a pair of sunglasses...to wear IN the ship! LOL Hey, you'll have a great time, but it's not one of the large, newer ships by any means. We'll be sailing on her youngest sister, Paradise in April. I hear it's a bit toned down. We shall see! If I know Carnival, it will definitely be Las Vegas. But, hey, it sure beats staying home! :)

We are having a "female first cousins only" reunion on the Ecstasy in May 2006. No children, spouses, male cousins etc. allowed. Since the Ecstasy has been in FEMA service lately, not much information is available. We will be on the Upper deck about mid ship. Any input about the Ecstasy would be appreciated. I was on the Conquest this past Christmas through New Year's Day (the one that was delayed due to fog) and loved it. Will the Ecstasy be equal to the task? Thanks to everyone for any information.

Thanks to all. Does anyone have any tips or info about where to get good food like Sur Mer on the Conquest? We are all looking forward to this special time and want to make the most of it. Please keep the info coming.

Archived