Outer Banks (OBX) NC Cruisers

Hi Hugo & Elayne,

We saw your post to our trip later this month to Alaska. I'm not sure how to send a private message on Cruise Critic so hopefully you'll get notification on this group you created. We're in Morehead City/Atlantic Beach aka Southern OBX.

You mentioned you're headed to Portugal next month - interesting... we're making a stop there in June (Southampton - Rome, June 15-27). Make some notes, we'll be interested in what you saw/did.

If you want to drop us an email please send to jim489@gmail.com

All the best,

Jim and Mary

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting, Jim & Mary! We had one full day in Lisbon and booked with "We Hate Tourism Tours" and had an amazing time! They're a small company started by young, local professionals (who sometimes drive the vans) & they offer good historical information & local's perspective on the different areas as you drive along and they stop at some breathtaking scenic places on their X Day tour (one we took). Web site is easy to use & a secure payment page. We wished we had longer in Lisbon after taking their tour! :).

Hi Elayne,

Thanks for the info on the tour company in Lisbon, we'll be there for only a day but will definitely check out their website. We leave next week for the Alaska cruise and really looking forward to it, then off to our Southampton - Rome in June, should be fun!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

WOW I just today found your group....We have been cruising for years and we live on the OBX in Kill Devil Hills....OUR OBX cruise group is booked on Carnival Liberty April 26.2014 ....when do y'all sail next?

We are as excited for this cruise as we were our very first cruise!!! We have rented a Cabana while on Half Moon Cay,the other couple that is going with us also works with us at Food Lion......Stop in the store sometime my DH is the Grocery Manager and I am DSD Rec. (check in Vendors) Christi works in HBC (Home Beauty Prouducts) her DH Brent works for NC DOT Ferry Dock in Manns Harbour and fills in at Food Lion with the stock crew on Truck Nights......We are at Store # 2503 South Nags Head ...your "last Stop To Shop" before Avon....lol....Kathi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Kathy! So great to meet a nearby neighbor! Since our next cruise is only a 3-nighter, I haven't been getting on this site very often. I'll run by Food Lion & say, ""Hello!" :)

Hello, Beachgirl111!

It's always good to meet a neighbor who loves cruising! :). We may be going to Portugal this spring or summer & considering a med cruise while we're there. How far are you from OBX?

• 3 months later...