New too

LadyTee76

You don't have to have a question that needs answering. If you want to share your feelings of excitement ... or worries you might have ... go for it. Have a picture you want to share? Perhaps something new you bought for your impending cruise? I'd love to see.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Cindy. My first (and only) cruise was more than 25 years ago. A quarter of a century. Wow. The next one is just over 4 months away and my excitement is nearly palpable. I've already spent two months scouring the boards here and have asked a number of questions as well as commented on the messages of others. I thought perhaps other newbies might be interested in a place where they can share their excitement ... or anxiety.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've never cruised before but I've been lurking on these boards for a couple of years reading reviews and wishing I could take a cruise. Well, last month I booked my first cruise for my sister and myself on the Norwegian Sky this October and earlier today I booked a Western Med on the Norwegian Epic for next May. I'm wondering if maybe I'm a little bit crazy for doing that. The Epic will be a solo trip and I've booked a Studio cabin. It just so happens that the cabin number is my birthday, the month, day and year. I took that as a sign it was meant to be so I booked it. I'm super excited and anxious at the same time. I can't wait for both of my cruises. Who knows, I may have a third booked before I even take my first one.

Im fairly new to cruising been on two short ones and going on another. I love the experience on board but never know what to see or do when reaching destinations. Will be on Fascination 5/23/13 to Bahamas, taking 17 y/o nephew any ideas what to do to keep him entertained?

• 2 months later...

I just joined the forums today, and I am super excited about my first cruise. I am going with my family in September on Royal Caribbean and I dont really know anything about cruising. I would love to hear from some others what was your first time like. I am reallly excited and a bit overwhelmed!

Hey guys. I am so excited for my first cruise experience on August 8-11, 2013 to Bahamas from Port Canaveral.

little bit about myself. I am 41 years old single mom with 2 kids. 14 and 5 years old. hoping to find some fun for them to keep them busy so that mom who forgot how to have fun can have some time for herself. Also my parent will be on the ship too. no they dont watch the kids

anyway if there are somebody on the same ship with us please say hi. i am not sure if i am allowed to put my addy here. so i guess i leave it like that.

looking forward it.

Mommy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Love Ly

New to cruising... Again! It has been 14 yrs since Honeymoon cruise. The anxiety is setting in. Going on NCL Breakaway out of NY to Bermuda in Sept 2013. Taking 13 yr old son. What are your thoughts on Sept cruise and 13 yr old?

• 1 month later...

My husband and I are heading out on the 2nd to take Amtrak down to San Francisco,CA from Seattle,WA. We have never cruised before. Got all our docs, and tickets downloaded and printed out. Picked a few nice excursions as well. We are going to the Volcano Natl. Park, and the Macadamia nut farms and Gardens and we are going to a Luau as well. Then back to San Francisco for a few nights and when we are there going to head to Muir Woods. Then on our way back home. Oh we are going to Hawaii on the Grand Princess. So looking forward to this. What I am wondering we really don't need any special clothes right, just something that looks nice and some really nice formal wear. I am so excited about this!

• 10 months later...

I've been away from these boards due to a personal tragedy within a few weeks of returning from my cruise to the Bahamas with my daughter. Now, I have returned and am anticipating a return to the Bahamas (on a different cruise line) in a month ... this time with my youngest son. I am nervous and excited.

• 1 year later...

I must confess, I've been out of the loop here for quite some time. My apologies to each of you, for not responding to the comments here. Today starts a new year, and I shall try to do better.

After my return to cruising in 2013, I managed to go on another cruise in 2014 and two cruises in 2015. :-) I also have two cruises planned for 2016 ... the first of which is just over 3 months away. Yay!

Although I have 4 cruises under my belt (5 if you count the very first one, which was nearly 30 years ago), I still consider myself new to cruising.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruisers.. I am new to the group. I am planning a Ladies Only Cruise for June 29, 2017. There will be 16 of us going.. This will be our very first cruise for most of us and we are all very excited. Hope to make some new friends here so I can share my cruise excitement with. We will be cruising on the Carnival Triumph in Cozumel.