Cutting it close in Cozumel - Do you tender there or is it a pier

airgirl

I am going to be cutting it close in Cozumel with something I privatly booked. The boat leaves at 5 pm. I have called Carnival and got different answers! They want me to make the booking off the ship tours and will not give me a straight answer. (or differnent answers depending who I speak to)

Can anyone give me their experiances in making the ship there? I know many people go to Carlos and Charlies and wait until last minute to board so I hope to hear from one of you. Any help - thanks..

maria stallings

The ships dock at the pier in Cozumel. You are supposed to board 30 mins. before the time the ship sails. You may want to check for alternative times for your excursion if you are cutting it too close. I did have one excursion in Coz. that last 3 hours over the time expected. (We left at noon, were supposed to be back at 4 and didn't make it back until 7!) We were on a dune buggy off roading trip and someone decided to try the road in an SUV, got stuck and blocked our way to get out of the jungle. Fortunately this way as day trip and our ship wasn't leaving until late in the evening.

Mary Lynn

Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

a-angel.gif

OH HELL, WHERE IS MY SECRETARY???

cruiseship01.gif

Windjammer Flying Cloud 8/78

Windjammer Fantome (deceased) 8/80

Big Red Boat 4/93

Holiday 4/95

Celebration 4/96

Sovereign of the Seas 10/98

Sensation 4/99

Jubilee 7/01

Victory 1/02

Pride 11/02

Triumph (Joe McBlow cruise) 1/03

Spirit 2/03

Inspiration 2/03

RCL Explorer of the Seas 6/03

Princess Star 10/03

Victory 2/04

Triumph 5/04

Miracle 2/05

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Actually there are two different piers in Cozumel. Not sure which one Carnival docks at, plus if it a busy day some of the ships do tender passengers in to the pier. So it might not be a good idea to cut it too close. The day we were in Cozumel both docks were full and there was one ship tendering.

Hope this helps.

Your post reminds me of my greatest cruise adventure/risk which also took place at Cozumel. We actually chartered our own plane to fly 4 of us into the jungle to chitzen Itza, spent the day there, flew back and still had plenty of time to do Carlos and charlies.

Carnivale, Elation, Facination, Destiny, Paradise, Legend

I was just there on Wednesday. There were 8 ships in port that day, and we tendered in off the Fascination because there was no room at the pier. Around 5:00 PM the ship docked and we were able to walk back on to it. The Elation was just about to leave and some people were panicking because the pier was closed while the Fascination docked. They made it Ok though! It was also pouring rain at the time

OH, the joys of watching people RUN to their ship in Cozumel is a great experience! I have some great memories of watching people stagger that looooonnnggg walk of the pier! (LOL) Some coming from CnC and some from Fat Tuesdays or Senior Frogs!

In January, while aboard the Conquest, there were actually seven ships in Cozumel that day. Five at the pier by the shopping village and two at the pier in town. Unfortunately, the Paradise didn't make it in time to secure a spot at the pier so those passengers tendered in. First time I've seen that in Cozumel. I guess it's first come, first served situation!

My point is..... try to schedule your return from your excursion about an hour before the ship is scheduled to leave. Sometimes it seems that it takes a good 20 minutes to walk that long pier to return to the ship!

Next Cruise(s).......

Sensation to Coz 5/04

Glory, Eastern 7/04

Miracle 2/05

Jubilee 6/02

Inspiration 7/03

Conquestadors! 1/04

Sensation 5/04

Glory 7/04

Miracle 2/05

Thanks guys - it was all helpful. I may have to leave earlier and pay for a taxi back to the pier. As it stands - I am due back at 4:30 pm at the pier so I am leaving myself a half hour, but I am unsure wheater to leave more time!

maria stallings

We were in Coz. in 11-02 and our son and DIL made it back in time for the last tender and then sat on it for an hour while they waited for all the stragglers; then missed early dinner and were furious. I don't think CCL would leave without passengers regardless of what the literature says; they know who's not on board when they scan your card, but I would not want to be the one to test their policy.

If you're at the dock, great; if you have to tender in then plan accordingly. Have fun.

Jody in TN

Disney Wonder, 3-01

Dawn Princess, 7-01

CCL Sensation, 11-02

HAL Statendam, 10-03

Regarding CCL not leaving without passengers, don't count on it. I've personally seen it happen 3 times on Carnival and other lines. Cozumel(twice) & St. Thomas. I've only seen one instance where the ship had pulled away from the pier and actually "backed up" to let a few stragglers on. We always watch sail away from our balcony because there are always people running for the ship. Usually it's either people drinking or people assuming that the ship would wait for them it they are late. Cozumel is the funniest. One time there was a very drunk girl on the pier as we're getting ready to leave. The crew advised her to board, she declined as her boyfriend wasn't on yet and she was waiting for him. She was drunk and dancing(ballet), trying to make phone calls and yelling obscenities at the people harrassing her from their balconies. The crew finially convinced her that they were leaving with or without her, she boarded, but her boyfriend didn't make it.

Premiere Oceanic 06/96

Sun Princess 11/97

Enchantment Of The Seas 07/98

Sovereign Of The Seas 10/99

Carnival Fantasy 07/00

Sea Princess 10/00

Norway 04/01

Enchantment Of The Seas 10/01

Grand Princess 04/02

Carnival Victory 09/02

Carnival Pride 05/03

NCL Sun 10/03

Carnival Fantasy 05/04

Mariner of the Seas 09/04

LOL!

It must be the air in Cozumel or something!!

When I was on the Holiday last year, we had to wait for a group of drunks....extremely, dunk, drunks. No one on the ship was in a hurry fortunately because it was a 4 day cruise and we were only going to head back home anyway...that's probably why the ship waited.... crew members seemed to be quite pissed off however.

I'd ever take the chance!! They will sail away without you...I can imagine you'd sober up REAl quick while you watch your ship pull away!

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Archived