Jeep Rental in Aruba

yes there are several rental places as you get off the ship. It probably depends on how many ships are in port that day. I was on aos and we where the only ship in port. I did not have any problem renting 2 chevy trackers for $75.00 a day a piece.

Check our Swedish Chef under the Empress of the Seas Feb 27th Roll call. He has arranged a booking of 8 jeeps for his group and highly recommends the following:

This is his post from today:

"And the rest of the group I'm just finalizing a few things and will let you know sort of what is Happening I Know We Will Have a Fun Time Our Jeeps are being dropped off at the pier for us at Avis...Hector will be there as well to greet us and finalize the paperwork...aka credit cards etc. Hector has been just the GREATEST PERSON TO DEAL WITH Please let other people know that if they are looking for GREAT SERVICE go to Optima Car Rentals and ask for Hector. I will let everyone know what time we would be picking up the Jeeps....what do you think of 8:30am?"

Hope this helps.

Rental places right by the pier. It may be in your favor to reserve one, it's the best way to get around the island. Just go on the web and try the usual rental sites National, Hertz etc. Don't miss Carlos and Charlies at night, it's a blastm, walking distance from the ship.

Just rent one when you get off the ship. If you reserve one on line or call, one of the big three. You will be driven to their location to get the jeep or car and than have to return it at the airport. When you rent one just off the ship you pick it up and return it there, Right behind Carlo's & Charlie's. Hope this helps.

Was there in late November. As soon as you get off the ship, there is a sign for rental cars. This leads to a row of booths - very close to the ship. On the day we rented, Suzukis (4WD) were going for about $55 complete, and I believe Jeeps were about $75. The various rental guys stand in front and try to get your business. I got a price, and said I wanted to shop around - he said the prices were all the same - and after checking around that was the case. The vehicles were kept in a lot just behind the booths - convenient.

We rented a Suzuki and in general it was fine, however there was one place at the north end of the island where the Jeeps were fording through water, and I thought it was questionable for the Suzuki - so you might encounter a place where you could get through in a Jeep but not something smaller. Didn't detract from our day however, we got in plenty of 4-wheeling.

One other note: our car was missing some canvas panels that made secure locking impossible - might want to consider that when deciding what to take along.

We just did this in November on our AOS cruise. Not saying it's the only way to do it but it worked for us.

We reserved in advance from American Car Rental.

Walked off the ship, booth is at the end of the pier, they get some info and credit card imprint from you. They bring you to the jeep, you do a quick inspection and away you go. The jeeps are parked in a parking lot right at the end of the pier.

When you return it, they do a quick inspection, and then you pay them CASH for the rental price and they give you your credit card imprint back. Cash was the only form of payment accepted.

Although I've never rented from the big 3, I did call before deciding who to rent from and they all basically told me that it was my responsibility to get to where the car was. Which meant for the most part, taking a taxi to the airport.

American was between $80 and $100 for a jeep wrangler depending on the options you got with it.

We figured we were only in Aruba for one day, so why risk having nothing available.

Hoog

Couple of questions:

Can you fit 6 people in a 4x4?

Has anyone had a problem w/the cc being used illegally? I heard on another thread that the number was used w/out their knowledge.

We have a group of 6 and we have made ressies for a 7 passenger SUV, we made them through Royal Car Rental, I got the website on the Aruba POC board. The price is $85 for the day, must be back at 6:00.

I never could find a place with a later return time.

It also depends what you want. If you want to do a jeep tour, I would absolutley book in advance. I think DePalm is the best on the Island.

If you have never been to Aruba a tour is really a good option because you will get great background on Aruba, and get to the most poplular spots. Here is a link to our review of Aruba. I think it is page three that has pictures of the Jeep tour.

You will love Aruba!

http://WWW.JUSTEATIN.COM

We too are thinking of renting a jeep near the Port.

Question: What time do these rental places close? :confused:

It has been almost 2 years but if I remember correctly we had to be back by 6pm. Most of the stores and shops (not restaurants and bars) also closed at 6pm. We dropped of the van, shopped a bit, then got back on board for showers before heading back out to Carlos n Charlies. :)

We too are thinking of renting a jeep near the Port.

Question: What time do these rental places close? :confused:

It has been almost 2 years but if I remember correctly we had to be back by 6pm. Most of the stores and shops (not restaurants and bars) also closed at 6pm. We dropped of the van, shopped a bit, then got back on board for showers before heading back out to Carlos n Charlies. :)

Archived