Beginner Scuba in Cozumel

BlackWidow07

We went to Cozumel Last year and did a beginning Scuba at Chankanaab Park. It was a wonderful class and instructor. This year we will be on the Star Princess in Feb and would like to do another Discover Scuba Course. Can anyone tell me of a good instructor . Would like to see Palancar Reef.

We have used Sand Dollar Sports in the past...Edgar was a great divemaster!

On our most recent trip, we used Blue Angel Scuba. The operation was ok, but it would have been nice to be informed better regarding the shore exit.

Since you obviously like to dive, why not consider taking an open water class and getting your certification?

• 3 weeks later...

Just came back (yesterday) from western caribbean cruise. I have used Aquasafari and this time I used divewithcristina.com. Both were excellant. I have done 5 discover scubas and found these two to be the best.

On our most recent trip, we used Blue Angel Scuba. The operation was ok, but it would have been nice to be informed better regarding the shore exit.

The shore exit at Caribe Blu is a lot trickier now than it was before wilma.

Just came back (yesterday) from western caribbean cruise. I have used Aquasafari and this time I used divewithcristina.com. Both were excellant. I have done 5 discover scubas and found these two to be the best.

Beware with AquaSafari. My DH & I were there in September (before Wilma) and the tail of a hurricane had past over Coz about 2 days prior to us being in port there. We had booked thru Shoretrips. When we were walking to the dive shop, one of the street vendors asked us if we wanted to take a jeep ride-when we said "No-we're going to be scuba diving today". He just laughed & pointed out to the ocean and said "No scuba today!" Had we only known!! :cool: The weather was sunny that day but upon getting into the water, the current and chop were so rough that I could barely stand up with my equipment on. My DH & a fellow CC member were having problems and they were both strong guys. The instructor got very snippy with me b/c of my problems and I finally had enough and told me that I felt he was being short with me and that I would not participate in the excursion any longer. I did NOT want to be in 40 ft. of water with an instructor who was acting so rude! :mad: My DH & our fellow CC friend both ended up trying the 40 ft. dive. Both guys said the current was rough. The other thing that we did not like regarding this excursion was that AquaSafari made 2 stops (once we were in the boat) at resorts down the beach to pick up Certified Divers that were going to do a longer dive in the same area my DH would be diving. We questioned our instructor about the excursion timing (and told him when we anticipated getting back to the pier based upon Shoretrips excursion information). The instructor kept saying "You Americans...always in a rush!". Well, we had planned our excursions/day based on the information from Shoretrips. We had all planned on shopping for our last 2 hours in port. That plan got messed up by having to wait for the additional scuba divers on our boat to re-surface from their dive. Then, we had to drop them all back off at their resorts. We ended up with barely 1 hour to shop. :mad: My DH & I did complain to Shoretrips who refunded a little less than half of my excursion cost. Shoretrips said that AquaSafari claimed conditions were "perfect" for scuba. Funny because at dinner that evening, we found out from another couple that RCCL had cancelled all scuba/snorkel activities that day due to rough water conditions. Go figure!!:cool:

I would never recommend AquaSafari to anyone. The instructor did not

IMO consider the safety of the 3 of us (all beginners). I would use Eagle Ray Divers or some of the others mentioned on the boards. Stay AWAY from AquaSafari.

Archived