Super Shuttle LAX to San Pedro

dutrie

CoLo and Francine:

after getting yet another conflicting report from colo, i again called enterprise at LAX..i spoke to the manager there named shirley who said there is NOT a drop fee to either san pedro or long beach; they have an arrangement with these two locations only that the fee is waived. hope this clears things up.

nancy

Well, we made our reservation with Enterprise last night. We were told there will not be a drop-off fee.

One important piece of information - When speaking to them on the phone (I prefered to speak to someone, especially with all this confusion), have their website open on your computer and let them know you are looking at the internet rate. The internet rate was much cheaper than what they quoted us over the phone. They will honor the internet rate if you tell them this.

Fran

kamloops:

we have a 11:00 return flight from LAX on the 28th (us air changed their schedule on us!)....do u think we'll make it????

nancy

We were at LAX with plenty of time to spare. We elected not to take our own luggage off, and when the long line of passengers disembarking in this group went ahead of us, I was worried. Then, the power went out right when it was our turn to clear customs which caused another delay. I was sure we'd miss our flight, but despite being in the third group off the ship and the customs snafu, we still had extra time at LAX. Next time though, I'd carry my own luggage off - I'm a worrier and would prefer to be all checked in at LAX and relaxing at my gate or one of the nearby shops, than worrying about making my flight.

Have a great cruise.

I reserved a full sized car via the internet rate with Enterprise for a Saturday morning out of LAX...very good rate. I called the Enterprise office at LAX and they reported no drop off fee after hours at the pier in San Pedro. I plan to drop off around 3 PM for the 5 PM departure. I'll let you know how this one works out.

francine:

i called again today and coincidentally i DID have my computer on and the rate WAS much cheaper, but the guy on the other end would NOT honor the rate...he said to go ahead and book on the internet then...problem is, that when i put in our exact dates (this weekend) they are sold out on the internet. i put in dates for the 2 weeks after ours and the rate is even cheaper....i printed out all to see if i can get anywhere with this in person once i'm there. i asked him why he wouldn't honor the rate and he said that they're much like the airlines; their rates change from day to day (i said to myself BULL!) i'll let u all know what happens....he DID once again confirm that there is no drop fee for cruise passengers.

we sail on the sapphire this weekend...can't wait!!

nancy

Can someone help me?

I called the LAX Enterprise and was told that there is a $25 drop off fee. Would like any information that could help me, I DO NOT want to have to pay the $25 if I don't have to. I will be sailing on the ISLAND PRINCESS - Feb 20 for 15 wonderful days I hope. Have not heard the best reviews.

THANKS

• 2 weeks later...

well, we're on the last nite of our cruise...it was wonderful....

regarding enterprise...we rented our auto at LAX and returned it to san pedro (only open til noon on saturdays, after that drop at a hotel in long beach and they shuttle you)....there is NOT A DROP CHARGE!!!!!! they also honored my entertainment book coupon and i got an add'l 10% off the rate. so, there u go, for anyone wondering....it's official...NO $25 DROP CHARGE!!

for future travelers...bon voyage!!

nancy

I am curious. We are thinking about taking our own luggage off our next cruise on Island Princess and wonder if you have to drag it down a ramp or stairs. I can handle a ramp since my luggage is on rollers, and my carry on fits on bag handle. I don't think I could actually carry it off the ship if I needed to because of weight. Can you tell me if it is a ramp or stairs. We are tight with our air schedule and I am stressing already about missing our flight. We have Princess tranfers, but I think we will take a shuttle or cab back to airport.

Getting off the Sapphire yesterday in LA, taking our own luggage off was never mentioned as an option, so I'm not sure if you can from that ship in that port or not. If you get early tags, I wouldn't stress over it too much. Literally, we were 65 minutes from our seat in Explorer's Lounge to curbside checkin at LAX. And we weren't in the faster moving "US Passport Holders'" line either.

i agree with dan....we were first off (supposed to be at 8:15, but didn't really disembark 'til around 8:30 or so) and went thru immigration, grabbed a porter, got our bags, hopped our pre-reserved super shuttle and were checked in at LAX by 9:30...i was nervous about making our 11:00 AM flight, but no problem whatsoever!!!

that being said, there's really no need to carry off ur own bags...things go very quickly. there were no stairs involved, just a bumpy ramp and an escalator, if u DO take ur own bags.

i think you're probably better off with ur own transportation if u have an early flight. you will have to wait until the entire bus in loaded with bags and passengers before u can leave and then it also takes time to unload and check in at the airport when ur in a large group.

nancy

Help!! I called today the LAX location of Enterprise and was told that there is a drop off fee for a 1 way rental to San Pedro. They also said that they would not honor the internet price. I called again and got the same answer. Could someone give me a name or the number you are calling and getting no drop off fee and the internet rate.

We are on the Sapphire on March 11 but coming into LA on the 10th and would like to have a car instead of shuttles.

thanks

Last year we reserved Prime Time shuttle from LAX to the Pier at San Pedro and then back to LAX at the end of the cruise. We had a great experience, except for a grumpy driver on the way back who wanted to load up the van with others after on the way back. We had already prepaid via credit card and there really wasn't room except for 1 other couple which we agreed to have accompany us. I believe their address is http://www.primetimeshuttle.com . You can prepay with a credit card. Email me at eastonce@aol.com for further info.

Carol

typically, if you book your rental car online, any drop fee would be included in your reservation. As long as you have that printed reservation, I would think that you're fine. Isn't it frustrating how different people can get different answers?

I am curious. We are thinking about taking our own luggage off our next cruise on Island Princess and wonder if you have to drag it down a ramp or stairs. I can handle a ramp since my luggage is on rollers, and my carry on fits on bag handle. I don't think I could actually carry it off the ship if I needed to because of weight. Can you tell me if it is a ramp or stairs. We are tight with our air schedule and I am stressing already about missing our flight. We have Princess tranfers, but I think we will take a shuttle or cab back to airport.
You do not have to physically pick it up and carry your luggage but you will need to be able to carry everything expeditiously off the ship and down the escalator. It's not fair to the people behind you if you hold up the line or are unable to handle your carry-on, luggage and incidentals quickly and easily. There is an elevator and as we found when wheeling my daughter off in a wheelchair, people who couldn't, or wouldn't, handle their luggage were using the elevator, holding us up for 15 - 20 minutes.

Archived