Insurance policy???

maxx

<H2>Travel Insurance

At time of deposit, it is essential that you take out comprehensive international travel insurance to cover any eventuality, including any pre-existing medical conditions and charges arising should you have to cancel your holiday plans. P&O Cruises may not be liable for lost or damaged baggage and personal property. Arrange a policy with your travel agent or P&O Cruises when booking, and carry a copy of the policy with you on your cruise holiday.

Is insurance mandatory?

</H2>

I don't know if insurance is mandatory but whenever I travel internationally I always purchase travel insurance as its better to be safe than sorry.

Also you don't have to necessarily purchase through p & O - check out health funds eg Medibank Private, motoring associations eg NRMA, travel agents and airlines. We got our travel insurance through Qantas and paid under $100. The insurance we got covers from the time we leave home in the NT until the time we return. It also cover our children on holiday with their grandparents (while we are on our cruise).

It covers lost belongings (including money), replacement of documents, emergancy accommodation and car hire, medical emergencies and a few other things.

So I would reccommend travel insurance.

Cheers Rach

travel insurance is not mandatory.

when i was younger i never took it out but in the last few years i always take insurance out when i pay for a cruise just in case something goes wrong ie with elderly parents now you never know and it is a lot of money to lose.

about 6 years ago 2nd last night of a cruise our daughter got her arm caught in the elevator and ended up in the ship hospital that cost us nearly $400 but insurance covered the whole thing and we never lost a penny. you just never know what cld happen

<H2>Travel Insurance

Is insurance mandatory?

</H2>

Highly recommended, but no, it is not like they will demand you have it prior to allowing you on the ship.

We did ask the question of P&O.

Still got insurance though, mainly for possible medical problems such as an accident. A lot of the cancellation conditions are a joke. One that springs to mind on one policy I read stated that if you cancel your holiday due to the death of a relative over the age of 75 then you aren't covered. The policies are aimed at people who are 100% fit don't drink or smoke, in the prime of their life, in very stable employment, not about to burn their house down, not likely to lose any personal items and are careful enough not to have an accident. :confused:

if you have children i wouldnt dream of travelling without insurance. Our daughter got a middle ear infection from being in the pool so much.We saw ships doctor, i cant recall how much but expensive. (was told after 8pm the price goes up again we went at 7.50pm lucky)

we also have free insurance through our creditcard but you need to pay for cruise on Creditcard to get it.

shop around and see what you get

Archived