Input re: Sete,France & Marseille

HappyMe_

I have looked at different tours re the above two ports, which are side by side on our itinerary. Everything, so far to me looks very ho hum. When we do the Nice Port for 2 days, I think now, thanks to your other input I have a good tour to arrange.

However, these two ports, have not excited me. Anyone got some ideas? I realize, one has to venture afield from the port area and willing to do that, just need some previous travellers advice. **We are doing the Monte Carlo, Eze with Nice.

All suggestions thoughtfully appreciated.

Sete is really pretty.. lots of shops and restaurants on the water. The town looks like a bit of Venice, lots of bridges.

Easy to do on your own.

From Marseille you should tour the Provence area with visits to some of these wonderful villages..

Aix, Arles or Avignon , Le Baux etc.

we hired this company and had a full day tour..they used Mercedes vans that seated 6 comfortably. The gal Louisette who was the driver ( and I think owner of company) spoke as great English as our French ( terrible) but we had a great time with her and saw everything.

http://www.taxidurand.com/index.htm

From Marseille we hade a nice tour to Avignon, Les Baux and St. Remy with Tania from Provence tours. She was nice, her English was very good and price was very reasonable. We even made a short stop in a vineyard.

http://provencetours.free.fr/a_la_demi_journee_baux_uk.htm

She hasn't provided us with such incredible amount of information as Michel Legrand from Revelation Tours, but her information was sufficient and we had enough time to see all the places we wanted to see. I think she is pretty good choice for Marseille.

Tatyana.

Archived