HDMI port on tv?

dziehm

I love Carnival’s policy.  It is a great way to save money on travel by not going on Carnival cruises. Hotels never block HDMI ports but Carnival wants to make sure you never want to come on a cruise again. First by trying to sell you lots of stuff you don’t need. Recovering alcoholics should know that within the first 24 hours they will be asked 30 times if they want to drink some alcohol.  Then they say we’re going to piss you off even more by preventing normal use of the TVs.  Take one cruise to know how crappy cruises are. It is as if everybody that works on the ship is simply trying to eliminate guests in the future.  

44 minutes ago, SSGFYCC said:

As someone who worked in technology in hotels there is a reason we don’t let customers play with the back of the TV. They think they know what they are doing - but they don’t have the foggiest idea.

In a 120 room hotel, I probably had 3-5 calls every night that the TV didn’t work. 100% of the time the cables were all screwed up or unplugged.

So you’re saying it takes a rocket scientist to plug in an HDMI cable, and change the source.  Ridiculous.  In my particular case, I downloaded the manual, it showed a panel that couldn’t be seen. Because of the lighting in the room I could not see the labels on the front of the TV. I just needed a flashlight. The buttons are integrated into the frame and can’t be felt; only a flashlight could show me there was even a place to touch for the source or anything else. Behind the tv are the ceiling lights. These TVs only have a coax connection, no other cables besides the power cable. If they had a source button on the remote, I would have had no problems. I’ve never before had any problems hooking up my iPhone to any TV in any hotel.  Trying to prevent a guest from plugging in an HDMI cable is an action that will cause guests to damage a TV. 

Edited by nudistcruzer