Are the Bahamas worth my time???

Suzerstar

From what I am reading on here from sand gnats to terrible cruise ship excursions to no must-see attractions...I am beginning to think that the Bahamas suck...Should we just go back to Aruba again for 1000th time? Or should we give it a try? Any opinions?

From what I am reading on here from sand gnats to terrible cruise ship excursions to no must-see attractions...I am beginning to think that the Bahamas suck...Should we just go back to Aruba again for 1000th time? Or should we give it a try? Any opinions?

It depends on what you are looking for???

Downtown Nassau is crowded and redundant, but the beaches, water, reefs, snorkeling, and most "non cruise" boat trips are fun and friendly.

I'd say the "must see Attraction" would be white sandy beaches and palm trees, but others thing Atlantis is heaven.. it's all relative. My favorite adventure is a conversation with the locals and a freshly made conch salad.

If you haven't been there, then it may be worth it. Try the beaches or an out island. The straw market is nothing worth going to. Just a beggers paradise!

Our family is on the Glory, July 22 and we stop in Nassua, but are excited one bit for this port. We'll just get a water taxi or cab to the beach for half a day and go back to the ship afterwards.

Like the previous post stated, the water and sand it very nice.

Just an overtravel, overvistied port!

we will be in nassau for a day trip (sailing on majesty)... we've been once before and would just like to have a nice, not fancy, but fresh and authentic, local lunch. Any recommendations???

thnaks

Either take a stroll or catch a jitney to Arawak Cay's "Fish Fry" and check out one of the dozen or so local restaurants in this "heritage Village". Places like Twin Brothers, Seafood Haven and Briland Lounge all have freshly made conch salad. You'll find conch fritters, chowder, cracked conch and fresh Fish on the menu as well as sides like traditional Mac and Cheese, peas and rice etc. Try a guava duff for dessert.

The #10 jitney ($1) will get you there in 5 minutes.

RestaurantRow.jpg[

Are there any beaches or shopping near the heritage village area?

\

There's a public beach next door (between downtown Nassau and the Fish Fry) It's called the western Esplanade, and runs about 1/4 miles or so. Some days there's concessions and chair rentals, other times not. I guess it depends on the season.

No shopping, but your not far from downtown.

esplanade.jpg

scubagirl, thanks in advance for the info. Last time we went to the beach near atlantis. Had some rocks in the water. We are a group of 10 with 4 teenagers. Are their activities at that beach near heritage village? We did banana boat last time, it was pretty fun.

Archived