balcony on emerald

LICRUISER2GO

Hi I booked a guaranteed BF on the emrald deck on the Golden,has anyone out there ever stayed in one ? any info is appreciated..............thanks :)

Yes, we sailed Golden Jan. 04 in a BF on Emerald.....directly over the Princess Theatre. LOVED IT !!! Some said we would hear the theatre noise at night, but we really didn't. I will say that we did sleep with our balcony doors opened....loved hearing the ocean at night.

This next cruise we will have a balcony on Baja, I tried to get Emerald, but couldn't. I think you will really like it.

The only problem we noticed, was that Promenade deck was directly in front of our cabin, so walkers could see in the room if we had the doors open. Of course there were 'certain times' we did not leave the doors open;)

Your cabin may not have the Promenade in front of it, I definitely wouldn't sweat it though.

We have been in these cabins twice (E205).....LOVED IT!!!!! Huge balcony was like having another room. Plus the balcony is very protected so while it may be windy out, it is perfect on the balcony...we were even abel to play cards when everyone else was being "blown away"! Don't worry about the Promenade deck being in front of you....it is 1/2 deck down and it is not a problem. We actually make a point to request these cabins!!!!!!!!!! I think you are lucky.:D

Hi Guys,

We too have booked a category BF guarantee for the April 22nd trip on the Golden and have a few questions or concerns I wouldn't mind if somebody could clear up for me!

I have seen an outside picture of the cabins and it looked as though people could walk along the promenade and be right outside your balcony...

In other words, the balcony is actually adjacent to the promenade not directly overlooking the ocean.

I had also read; "Princess, closes this area of the Promenade in the evenings in order to assist with this privacy matter"!

Can anybody confirm this information?

Of course we had no idea about the privacy issue when I booked my category.

All the agent told us at the time of booking was, we were guaranteed to receive a balcony room :rolleyes:!

I never thought in a million years to ask if "people would be able to walk by and chat with me while I was sitting and having my morning coffee" :eek: !

After I read about some of the problems with these rooms, I approached our agent.

She had no idea what I was talking about, although she said the likelihood of us actually getting a BF or BE cabin was pretty slim as both categories were already sold out when we booked (only 8 cabins) :eek: .

Which leads me to another question!

Why would Princess sell guarantee cabins in a category in which there are no available rooms :confused:, this makes no sense to me at all!

Murphey had mentioned the balcony was HUGE and protected. Are these balconies larger then say the Baja balconies? How are they protected?

Thanks for the clarification...

CCFan

Hi Guys,

We too have booked a category BF guarantee for the April 22nd trip on the Golden and have a few questions or concerns I wouldn't mind if somebody could clear up for me!

I have seen an outside picture of the cabins and it looked as though people could walk along the promenade and be right outside your balcony...

In other words, the balcony is actually adjacent to the promenade not directly overlooking the ocean.

I had also read; "Princess, closes this area of the Promenade in the evenings in order to assist with this privacy matter"! I wouldn't sweat it. The balconies are HUGE, waaay bigger then Baja. Two of the cabins on each side of the ship are actually adjacent to the Promenade deck and the other 4 (2 on each side of the ship) are above the Promenade deck. There are a small set of stairs leading downward.

Can anybody confirm this information?

Of course we had no idea about the privacy issue when I booked my category. We are a couple in our early 40's and enjoy our privacy. But this really didn't create an issue for us.Occasionally people did walk in front of our balcony, but the railing came to their upper chest and we found people really weren't that nosy.

All the agent told us at the time of booking was, we were guaranteed to receive a balcony room !

I never thought in a million years to ask if "people would be able to walk by and chat with me while I was sitting and having my morning coffee" :eek: ! they may be able to, but in my experience, they don't:p

After I read about some of the problems with these rooms, I approached our agent.

She had no idea what I was talking about, although she said the likelihood of us actually getting a BF or BE cabin was pretty slim as both categories were already sold out when we booked (only 8 cabins) :eek: . It is actually difficult to get these cabins. We tried 11 months before our cruise and they were sold out:(

Which leads me to another question!

Why would Princess sell guarantee cabins in a category in which there are no available rooms :confused:, this makes no sense to me at all!

Murphey had mentioned the balcony was HUGE and protected. Are these balconies larger then say the Baja balconies? How are they protected? Like I said earlier, they are much larger than Baja. Protected in that they are not directly over the water and are covered.

Thanks for the clarification...

CCFan

Hopes this helps with your peace of mind

Cruise Fairy,

:D A million thanks :D!

You have no idea how much better I feel. I have spent days scouring these boards looking for answers to my very specific questions and had absolutely no luck!

Guess I could have saved myself the time and asked directly, however the questions were so specific, I really didn't think I would get a reply!

Thanks again for your assistance!

CCFan!

Cruise Fairy,

:D A million thanks :D!

You have no idea how much better I feel. I have spent days scouring these boards looking for answers to my very specific questions and had absolutely no luck!

Guess I could have saved myself the time and asked directly, however the questions were so specific, I really didn't think I would get a reply!

Thanks again for your assistance!

CCFan!

You are quite welcome:D

I'm actually very envious of your stateroom!

To give you an idea of how big the balcony is: we had 2 lounge chairs and cocktail type table, 2 straight back chairs with round dining type chairs (great for eating ourside, games etc.) all on the balcony. With all this, there was still room to move about easily!! I am jealous!

They took these cabins out of the design for the Caribbean and Crown. Too Bad!

To give you an idea of how big the balcony is: we had 2 lounge chairs and cocktail type table, 2 straight back chairs with round dining type chairs (great for eating ourside, games etc.) all on the balcony. With all this, there was still room to move about easily!! I am jealous!

They took these cabins out of the design for the Caribbean and Crown. Too Bad!

Yep, we had the same thing. Imagine how disappointed I am to find that Baja is no where near as large:( Oh well, at least I will be cruising! :p

Archived