Adapter plugs on China cruise

npphotog

Good Morning - Wondering if anyone can help me identify the adapter plug used on the China/Yangtze river boats? Interested in taking the Yangtze river cruise but cannot find any information on what adapter I will need to recharge batteries and use my electric razor. Both are 120-220 so all I need is the adapter. Every plug set I have found in stores does not mention this kind of plug. Willard

Good Morning - Wondering if anyone can help me identify the adapter plug used on the China/Yangtze river boats? Interested in taking the Yangtze river cruise but cannot find any information on what adapter I will need to recharge batteries and use my electric razor. Both are 120-220 so all I need is the adapter. Every plug set I have found in stores does not mention this kind of plug. Willard

We just took a Yangtze cruise in October-Victoria line. Shaver plugs were in the bathroom and will work with American 110. Don't plug a hair dryer into it-you blow the fuses and the whole ship electricity goes down. Some lady did it on our ship.

Other plugs can be found at Radio Shack. Buy the universal set (4 plugs) and you should be covered for most of the world.

The adapter that you will need outside of the bathroom has 2 round prongs that are thin. There is a similar one for use in England that has fatter pins that are closer together. Or, you could wait until the shaver is charged and use the outlet in the bathroom to charge your batteries and not need an adapter. The above comment applies to the Century Sky of Viking Cruise Lines. Can't comment on the others. Most of the hotels (if not all) in which we stayed had the same arrangement or they had a multi-purpose receptacle into which a U.S. plug would fit, albeit providing 220v.

Clarence:)

I made up a one foot U.S. style extension cord with 3 outlets on the end. It's great for recharging multiple devices at the same time.

Even when I use an adapter, the heavy charger transformers sometime fall out of the adapter that's plugged into the wall outlet. The extension cord takes the weight off the adapter.

Archived