Fun Pass Problems

jerseygirl3

We're booked on the Liberty sailing Feb. 12. Got our docs the other day, and figured I'd go online and complete the Fun Pass online registration information.

For some unknown reason, it will not recognize myself nor my husband as Past Carnival cruisers. It says it does not recognize the name. Now although I've cruised since I've been married, I thought maybe it was under my maiden name, but it wasn't. My husband's name certainly hasn't changed, but it won't accept his either.

In order to proceed with the online registration, I had to click on "no" when it asked if we've cruised Carnival before. My question is this: will we still be invited to the Past Cruiser's Party?

Check spelling of the name from past cruise. If you have a "Currents" magazine, check the spelling on the address label. Also, your past guest number will be on the currents magazine. If all else fails, call carnival and get it straightened out.

When we filled out our Fun Pass a couple of weeks ago, we encountered a huge problem with getting the information to save as typed. We typed in the airline and hotel info, and when we submitted it, the system would change all of the information (to another city, time, and airline) for the return portion of our trip. I ended up calling the support number in our cruise docs, and I was told that they have a "bug" in the system that is causing this type of thing to happen. They fixed it for me over the phone. This might be what is causing your difficulty too. I would give them a call.

I had the same past cruiser problem for my Dec 2005 cruise on the Conquest. I decided to call Customer Service rather than just click 'no'.

They told me to click 'no' to being a past cruiser even though I had cruised several times previously.

I did as they suggested, but then I sent email to the head man Bob (mainly because of other issues regarding the hold times for the calls), because I wanted to make sure my information was correct in their database. The email response I received implied that whoever responded did not think there was a problem. They explained that it was likely that there were several people that matched my information and the computer couldn't narrow it down.

I have been employed in the IT industry long enough to know that simply is not the case. They had more than enough information to narrow it down to me. But I was in no mood to continue the argument - Jamaica was soon to be on the horizon - No worries, mon.

That being said, either they fixed something behind the scenes or the 'no' on the Fun Pass did not matter, because I received the gold Sail and Sign card, ship's pin, etc. as a past cruiser should. And had a wonderful cruise.

I would encourage you to email Bob (bdickinson@carnival.com) and ask him about your concerns. Also, ask if they still think there is no problem with the FunPass portion of their computer system, since it seems unable to tell a past cruiser from a hole in the head.

Kevin

Had the same problem with the cruise we just completed. Turned out my wife's birthday was wrong in the system so she wasn't showing up as a past cruiser. Since her last cruise was our anniversary cruise, I was pretty sure she was there. Called in and the rep took care of it. Web was fine later the same day and we both got our gold cards and invitations.

Archived