Costa Maya and Liberty

Sass4

The Liberty is docking near the city of Majahual which is a considerable distance south of Cozumel on the Yucatan pennisula - no ferry.

If you go over the the Costa Maya board you can start scoping out things for your family to do.

if you go here and scroll down a bit you can see the Quintana Roo map

http://www.travelyucatan.com/yucatan-campeche-quintana-roo-maps.php

Guest Time2gocruzn

We LOVED Costa Maya! The port area is nice but you have to get past that. Go to Majuhaul (sp). You can get a taxi/bus ride there from the port...there is a booth set up to buy tickets. It is one of the most beautiful places. It is not over commercialized (yet) but there are plenty of chairs, tables and umbrellas and even palms for shade. There are little shops, massage on the beach, and good and CHEAP food and drinks. The water is clear and beautiful and stays shallow WAY ouy. There is actually a reef way out from shore and the surf breaks on that reef, so there are no waves at the beach. We swam/walked WAY out and if you do that and look WAY to your left, you can see a ruin (we were almost positive that is what we saw, although we didn't ask to be sure). The way the shore line curves, you can sit on the beach, enjoy the beautiful view and you can see the ship docked in the distance. Beautiful. If you are looking for a day to do a beach day, I say do it here.

Our cruise stopped in Coz, GC, Costa Maya and Belize. I heard LOTS of negitive reviews about Costa Maya and Belize and they were BY FAR my favorite ports. Maybe we just choose the wrongthing to do in Coz, but I was not impressed...at all. I could care less about all the stores...all the stuff is the same to me. The scenery in CM and Belize was amazing and I would go back in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure which sailing you are on... Our Jan 1 6 day sailing actually went to Montego Bay, Jamaica instead of Costa Maya, which was supposed to be instead of Cozumel. LOL . We didn't find out until we got to the pier at Fort Lauderdale on departure day. It was ok, just a surprise to us. We had been planning to go to Costa Maya. I had done some research and everything. You never know.. I haven't heard if Montego Bay is a permanent substitute for Cozumel/Costa Maya....

Archived