The cost of golfing worth it?

chorder

I have played Mahogany Run in St Thomas a few times. The course layout and the spectacular views have always made it worth the cost ($140 - $175) even when the course was suffering from drought or disease. My home course currently charges $135 in "season" for non-members so its not a big jump.

I have not yet played in the Bahamas or San Juan; however, I have found the courses I have played throughout the caribbean to each offer challenging layouts with tropical views you can only get from the golf course.

Going to the eastern carr. in April San Jaun,St. Thomas ,Bahamas thiking about going golfing, will have to rent clubs.Are the course and equipment worth the money spent? any info? thanx Bill

Bill,

I spent the cash 3 years ago in Grand Cayman. For my experience, it wasn't worth the cash. The round cost about

$ 125.00, plus the rental ( maybe $40.00). A dozen balls added about $ 30 more, at the time.I booked thru RCI. Clubs were mismatched, grips worn and/or loose. Being from the NE like you, I hadn't played in about 5 months, and didn't play well at all.

My group had fun, but I probably would have enjoyed a day at 7 Mile beach instead. I had a chance to play last year in St. Thomas and passed.

But hey, even a bad day on the course...:)

We played at Port Royal in Bermuda in November and I couldn't have cared less if I never even connected with the ball. It was beautiful! One of those once in a lifetime experiences for me, so I was very willing to part with the $. It all comes down to what you're looking for and how dear those dollars are to you.

Archived