Sting Ray Sand Bar and Rum Point -- anyone other than NativeWay?

MysticRhythmCruiser

I'm so brokenhearted...DH and I had done the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion in November and loved it so much we booked it again for a trip I am taking with mom in February. Then I actually checked what time the ship was docking. Unfortunately, we're docking at 10am EST and leaving at 5pm, which is too late for this tour. I contacted Nativeway and they are not doing a later tour that day.

I loved Rum Point and wanted to take Mom there and she's been looking forward to the Sting Ray Sandbar for months (it has to be sand bar as she won't snorkel in deep water). My question is this: does anyone know of another tour company that combines these stops in one day or offers them "back-to-back"? I'll try contacting them and see if they start at a time we can get there. As an alternative, might consider renting a jeep to Rum Point and then a ferry to the sand bar but I don't think they have anything like that.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Esther

Well, I'm not sure what schedule the jeep safari would provide for bringing you to Rum Point, nor how much time the planned stop would be there.

At the moment there is no passenger ferry operating connecting Rum Point to the west side (Seven Mile Beach).

There is one snorkel boat that operates from Rum Point and goes to the Sandbar and onward to a reef location. That might work depending upon your schedule.

You might need to look at renting a car and driving to Rum POint if your heart is set on visiting that location.

I found that Nativeway is the only operator that combines the two. We're booked for it in March...can't hardly wait!!! Glad to here you've done it abnd loved it and sorry to hear you can't make it this cruise. But check again, you never know the operators might make new excursions at anytime.

Archived