Tell me about the Kids Club

Kshecruiser0524

My family and I are getting ready to go on a 7 day cruise on the Magic at the end of January. We have two kids ages 7 and 10. My husband and I have been on Carnival before but have only taken the kids on one other Disney cruise so we have never used the kids club on Carnival. From the information I have found it sounds like they take the kids out of the club for activities. I don't really want my kids walking around the ship if they are not with us. Do you have the choice for them to not be allowed out of the club for activities. I want them to be able to have fun but I want them to stay in the club until I come back. Also I would love to hear your options on the Kids Club in general. Do your kids like it? Any activities that are a "don't miss"? Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Our boys are 10 and 6 and love the Kids Club. It's been a couple of years since we cruised on the Magic (we're heading back to it in March) but from what I can recall they took the kids to the main theatre for the Suess parade & story and if they are there for dinner they go to the buffet. The staff does a really good job at keeping them all together as they are walking and they sit together. The newest thing for us this time around, is that our 10 year old is allowed to sign himself in and out of the kids club. I understand there's a scavenger hunt that the older kids can participate in only if you've given them in and out privileges. We still have to sign our 6 year old in and out, so I don't know how that's going to influence our 10 year old to stay until his brother is picked up. In regards to whether or not you have the ability to keep your 19 year old in the Kids Club, there was a check box when I registered them for Kids Club while checking them in that I had to check stating he has permission to sign himself in and out. 

We tried MSC last year, and didn't like the Kids program in comparison to Carnival. The Carnival staff really tried to learn all of the kids' names and by the end of the cruise knew which kids belonged to which parents. Carnival also had more activities and less video games than what we encountered on MSC.  I don't think there was a day when our kids were on the Magic and had visited the Kids' Club that they didn't come back to our cabin with a craft or something...