Pride of America Review 11/10-17, 2018 sailing

RRFPresident

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, RRFPresident said:

A Feast For Your Senses: Fuel for your sense of wonder and sense of humor

We did a tour in every port using both NCL ship and private companies. Enjoy and please feel free to ask any questions here or on the blog.

I added the scans of important papers and Freestyle Daily schedules to the review.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review.  We are going this fall.  We have never gone on Norwegian before so I may have more questions.  But for now, can you tell me what the dining room menus are like, compared to the Carnival Pride, which I see you were on and is our favorite ship.  We have specialty dining 3 nights, and a luau booked for one night, so I'm trying to decide what nights to go.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 12/31/2018 at 10:48 PM, kerryw29 said:

Thanks for the detailed posts.  Some of your text is difficult to read.  I have your blog saved to keep reading it.  I am going on this cruise in April.  I can't wait

Kerry

On 1/13/2019 at 5:17 PM, pabeachie said:

Thanks for the review.  We are going this fall.  We have never gone on Norwegian before so I may have more questions.  But for now, can you tell me what the dining room menus are like, compared to the Carnival Pride, which I see you were on and is our favorite ship.  We have specialty dining 3 nights, and a luau booked for one night, so I'm trying to decide what nights to go.  Thanks.

My apologies to you both. I never got the notification that there was responses to my post here. I changed around the blog format so hopefully it's easier to read the text now. Not sure why some posts were changing the way the text is displayed.

As far as the menus, I'd say they are similar to the Carnival Pride. I don't recall though seeing any specific to the port dishes like Carnival offers but I guess when it's always Hawaii that's not practical. There's a list of dishes that are always available and common fare. I also noticed quite a few repeated dishes so chances are you will find something another night you thought you'd miss out on if you chose specialty dining instead. NCL doesn't really have a "formal" night so there's no special options on the menu like there can be on other lines.