turtle bay sail and snorkel - RCI

cruisecouple88

I was thinking about doing this excursion through Royal Caribbean.  It would be 9 people ages 5 to 83 years old.  I was wondering if anyone has done this excursion.  This description says "strenuous"  I was wondering if it really is strenuous.  would my mom 83 years old be ok on a pirate ship or should we opt for the Buck island sail and snorkel on a catamaran?  I think the kids would really enjoy the pirate ship. Or if there is another excursion that would be better.   Any thoughts? Thank you!

First I have to say that I have never done either excursion so I cannot make any comment on how strenuous it is to access or depart the pirate ship or the catamaran from the pier;  I do however live near the beach portion of these excursions.  Passengers on the pirate boats do require some agility if they wish to enjoy beach time.  The pirate boats anchor a couple of hundred feet from shore.  Passengers must climb down a ladder on the side of the boat and either swim to shore or climb into a dinghy to be brought to shore.  Returning to the pirate ship is the reverse of this procedure.  For people with no mobility issue it looks like fun but definitely more strenuous than some excursions.  Catamarans can get closer to shore.  They are able to get close enough that the ladders put people into the water where it is only about 5 feet deep.  You get wet but it is possible to walk to shore.  Not sure if this is the information you are looking for but I hope it helps.  😀

On 1/2/2019 at 5:48 AM, Livethelife said:

First I have to say that I have never done either excursion so I cannot make any comment on how strenuous it is to access or depart the pirate ship or the catamaran from the pier;  I do however live near the beach portion of these excursions.  Passengers on the pirate boats do require some agility if they wish to enjoy beach time.  The pirate boats anchor a couple of hundred feet from shore.  Passengers must climb down a ladder on the side of the boat and either swim to shore or climb into a dinghy to be brought to shore.  Returning to the pirate ship is the reverse of this procedure.  For people with no mobility issue it looks like fun but definitely more strenuous than some excursions.  Catamarans can get closer to shore.  They are able to get close enough that the ladders put people into the water where it is only about 5 feet deep.  You get wet but it is possible to walk to shore.  Not sure if this is the information you are looking for but I hope it helps.  😀

Thank you.  I think we are going to skip the pirate ship this time and go with the catamaran.