Hilton Sunrise or Westin, FLL, comments

Lori777

Looking at a lot of hotels for 3/31/06 for one night, 3 rooms. Any info about either of these properties? The Hilton seems a bit of a distance from the port. I figured we would try to get something a little cheaper on 3/31, (getting in around 7PM, wouldnt really enjoy it) and stay at the Riverside, overnight after the cruise. But it seems the rates are high at every property. Thanks

Not Really. The Hilton Sunrise is out west of FLL, the Westin FLL North is, well, north. It's right on 95 - jump on 95 south, it's literally about 3 or 4 exits from the airport or Port Everglades. I'd say it's easily more covenient and closer than the Hilton Sunrise - much nicer, too.

It's a bit more than "3 or 4 exits" from FLL to Cyperss Creek where the Westin is... If you stay at EITHER hotel you'll want to rent a car/van... Cab fare will kill you to either one if you don't, you won't be saving anything over something much closer... Cypress Creek is about 20 minutes from FLL/Port Everglades, Sunrise Hilton is about 30 minutes away (due to it being farther from a freeway), both much longer during "rush hour".

Is there a liquor or grocery store near Westin FL?:o

There's really nothing within walking distance. That hotel is in an office park just off of a freeway that primarily caters to business travelers. If you stay up there you'll want to have a car, then you can easily get to restaurants, grocery & liquor stores.

You'll need a rental car for either of the properties you mentioned. However, if you do have one, the rest is very easy. Weston has all the stores you require located in their Towne Centre or nearby. The port has very easy access straight down I 595E and you're there. It couldn't be easier. Plus you'll be in a very nice area with nice upscale eateries, not touristy though.

LNF

That's true that you'll need a car for either area, and at first (like you) I thought he was talking about the city of Weston, FL, but I then I thought he really meant the Westin Hotel in Fort Lauderdale - Which is what my answer reflected.

Whether they mean the Westin Hotel or Weston, FL - There are plenty of grocery and liquor stores, but again, you'll need a car - Neither is an area you want to be in without one.

Archived