Shore Snorkeling and walking down the coast

KruzNutty

I will be arriving on the Radiance of Seas next Wednesday. I have been to Cozumel a year ago and loved Chankanaab Park. I like to do things on my own including shore snorkeling. So I don't take the boat trips.

Now that Chankanaab is closed I was thinking about taking a cab to Marina Caleta Paradise Reef area and start snorkeling there. Then walk my way down the beach to Dzul Ha and eventuallly to Playa Corona.

Is this unreasonable? Is it too far to walk along the coast? I just want to try several areas but I'm uncertain if a person can actually walk down the coast from one area to the next. I can tell from internet research that it will be a couple of miles(one way), but that's the most I can determine.

Thank you for any assistance anyone can give me.

Hi KruzNutty

That walk is possible and I'm sure you'd enjoy it, but bear in mind the beaches along there have changed post-Wilma, there will be more sand in places and a lot less in others. Also, the reef snorkeling from the shore won't be as nice as from a boat trip.

You might be better off going to Paradise Beach or Palancar Beach (a bit further, but still not too much by taxi). Then you could walk along the coast there and have a snorkel too. If you decide you want to snorkel reef as well then both beaches offer a snorkel boat trip so you could take that. Paradise Beach is the best value at the moment I think.

Hope that helps a little

Ian

Archived