help with hotel

capnjoe

Hi everyone, I just booked the Holiday Inn At 999 Ft lauderdale Blvd. They tell me its about 4 miles from Port Everglades. Should i have booked at the Holiday Inn express instead? If anyone knows this hotel and has stayed there can you please let me know if i made the right choice or should I change my reservation...Thank you soo much :)

Thank you for your response..... yes when i contacted the hotel they said they were like 3-4 miles from the pier, however there is a holiday in express right across from the terminal. I read some posts that people loved the holiday Inn and were able to view the ships from the hotel. Im not sure if they meant the express or the one I booked. I also head some horror stories about hotels in the area and was hoping maybe someone stayed there.

Thanks again ;)

The Holiday Inn on the beach is much farther north than most like to stay, there isn't as much around it, and it's a tired old hotel that's nowhere near as nice as the Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center".

I'd go with either of these on SE 17th Street if I wanted a "budget" hotel...

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center"... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

That's an excellent choice capnjoe, the location can't be beaten! There are dozens of restaurants, shops, grocery, drug & liquor stores surrounding that hotel and you're only a block from the port.

cusyl - SE 17th Street is what Priceline/Hotwire call "downtown" Fort Lauderdale, but that's not the REAL downtown Fort Lauderdale. The REAL downtown Fort Lauderdale is about 2 miles from the Holiday Inn on the beach, and that Holiday Inn on the beach is about 4 miles from Port Everglades/SE 17th Street.

Archived