Sunnybgi: Recommendations?

MAGNUM PI

Wondering if you could give me any recommendations, for places to visit, during a four hour tour?

We previously took a 4X4 adventure, and the Silver Moon catamaran.

We have hired a guide, who will take us wherever we want to go.

We plan on re-visiting Bathsheba, to show a friend, who has not visited Barbados, before.

We do not care about stopping for lunch,etc. Interested in seeing as much of Barbados natural beauty, as we can. Is Andromeda(?) Gardens, worth a visit?

Any recommendations, for areas of Barbados, not typically on the "tourist trail?"

Greatly appreciate your advice.

While 4 hours isn't a terribly long time, you can see much of the island if you plan correctly.

actually I recommend many of the Tourist Trail spots, but if it's just the island you want to see you can go in the same general direction and see most things.

I always suggest driving up by GunHill Signal Station, and then on to St. Johns Parish Church. From there you can go to Andromeda Gardens (haven't been in a while, but I still think it's a good place to visit (more people visit Flower Forest, but Andromeda to me has always been a nicer spot). You can go from there around to Bathsheba and then on up the East Coast Road to Farley Hill. I don't think you will have time to go to the Wildlife researve across the road, but The area is beautiful (if not up Farley Hill go up Cherry Tree Hill). From there head over to the West Coast and take a drive down the west coast back to the port. (or along Highway2A which may give you better views of the areas).

Enjoy your stay and If I can help again let me know.

Archived