Fort Lauderdale-2 hrs until we can board?

slotterhaus

Our hotel checkout time is at 11am and we can't board the ship until 2. We're planning on using the hotel's shuttle service to get to Port Everglades. What should we do (with all of our luggage) until we can board? We're sailing on the Jewel of the Seas Feb 11th. Thanks.

Oh, not to worry... Embarkation begins somewhere between 11am and noon, they only tell you 2pm to cover their butts, but on all my cruises I've always been onboard and eating lunch in the Windjammer by noon.

Check out of your hotel at 10:30-11am and head to the pier, the porters will take your checked luggage, then you proceed inside to check-in and board.

Just a tip, on weekends most hotels that have shuttles are overwhelmed. Do yourself a huge favor and just grab a taxi!

Just a tip, on weekends most hotels that have shuttles are overwhelmed. Do yourself a huge favor and just grab a taxi!

Take Trents advice, avoid the shuttle, grab a cab and arrive at the port around 11am. You'll be onboard standing on the buffet line before you know it. ;)

Our hotel checkout time is at 11am and we can't board the ship until 2. We're planning on using the hotel's shuttle service to get to Port Everglades. What should we do (with all of our luggage) until we can board? We're sailing on the Jewel of the Seas Feb 11th. Thanks.

I agree with Trent. I've cruised over twenty times...and embarking starts right around noonish and sometimes even earlier. And, even if check-out is 11:00...it's going to take some time to get to the port. Also, many times I have contacted the front desk to ask if we could check out an hour later...and there is never a problem.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived