Do your own thing in Roatan

d,k,and the a team

We just returned from an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the NCL Jewel. Via Cruise Critic, I found a couple of gals that I could book for the day on Roatan. Diana and Cinthia set us up with a comfortable 15 passenger van and took a large group of us wherever we wanted to go on the Island for $15 per person. It would normally cost you that to get from Coxen Hole to a beach one way. After touring the Island, we were taken to West End for snorkeling and a little shopping. Our guide, Lena, set us up with a typical meal at a little restaurant in West End where we ate conk, crab, grouper, plantains, casava, and sweet potato cooked in coconut milk, along with rice and beans which were fantastic! I really wanted to try to local cuisine, but they will set you up with whatever you prefer. The little restaraunt by the reef at Half Moon Bay was very popular. Had we had more time we would have gone to the West Bay beach also. There were two ships in port on that day, but nothing was crowded. The atmosphere is very low key. On Roatan, real estate is booming, so they may want to show you what is available. If you are not interested just say so and they will get on to showing you whatever you want. If I went back, I would go to Half Moon Bay again for the snorkeling (equipment rental right there for $6), and then to West Bay beach for lunch and fun in the sun. You can book with Diana and Cinthia through jacksong2005@yahoo.com Have a great time! Kathleen:)

We just returned from an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the NCL Jewel. Via Cruise Critic, I found a couple of gals that I could book for the day on Roatan. Diana and Cinthia set us up with a comfortable 15 passenger van and took a large group of us wherever we wanted to go on the Island for $15 per person. It would normally cost you that to get from Coxen Hole to a beach one way. After touring the Island, we were taken to West End for snorkeling and a little shopping. Our guide, Lena, set us up with a typical meal at a little restaurant in West End where we ate conk, crab, grouper, plantains, casava, and sweet potato cooked in coconut milk, along with rice and beans which were fantastic! I really wanted to try to local cuisine, but they will set you up with whatever you prefer. The little restaraunt by the reef at Half Moon Bay was very popular. Had we had more time we would have gone to the West Bay beach also. There were two ships in port on that day, but nothing was crowded. The atmosphere is very low key. On Roatan, real estate is booming, so they may want to show you what is available. If you are not interested just say so and they will get on to showing you whatever you want. If I went back, I would go to Half Moon Bay again for the snorkeling (equipment rental right there for $6), and then to West Bay beach for lunch and fun in the sun. You can book with Diana and Cinthia through jacksong2005@yahoo.com Have a great time! Kathleen:)

I am glad you got such a great day for a wonderful price Kathleen!!!

I agree!!!....Diana and Cinthia are awesome and their prices are great!!!

I wouldn't go to Roatan without emailing them and setting up something in advance....

We had the best day with them.... and West Bay Beach is so beautiful!

Archived