Larry's Limo or Tri-County Limo?

soon2bretired

For anyone that knows, which is better? does one have nicer cars than the other, cleaner, non-smoking? It seems like larry's is slightly less money from FLL to miami. It look larry's limo about a month to get me a quote and with tri county, i got a quote within a day. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about either. thanks! donna :confused:

I've used them both many times, but use Larry's when I want a LIMO, and use Tri-County for their airport shuttles. They're both the best in town, nice new cars/vans, great service! I've never had a problem with either one.

We just got back and used Larry's Limo. They were wonderful. They met us right outside the security check point and not in baggage claim. Their cars were Town Cars that were very nice. It was a wonderful experience and I would definitely use them again. We also used them from the hotel to the port and back to the airport.

We used Larry's Limo. Picked us up from our FLL hotel and drove us to the port of MIA.He was very prompt, handled all our luggage and helped us into a sparkling clean while limo- our kids were in heaven! Soda/water was provided.

When our cruise was over I called him from the baggage area and he was waiting out front to take us to the FLL airport.

I found it was easier to call them and make the reservation instead of using email.

I would not hesitate to use his service again.

Funcruiser

Thanks for the responses! So, is larry's limo the same as larry's private car and limo. I've requested so many quotes, i am losing track of who is who! thanks!

Yes, They are one and the same. Great company, prompt, reliable, courteous. I use them quite often and have never had a bad experience. Call them direct. ;)

Hi nonna5:

We are considering Larry's Limo, and just like you, we are also staying at the Hyatt Pier 66...

We originally thought that we would only get a limo for the ride from the port back to the airport--just to avoid the mad rush for taxis. Do you recall the charges for all three rides?

Also, we are torn between a garden room that would be convenient to the pool, or a view of the ships from the tower (assuming we could get a tower room). How close is the tower to the port--Would we need binoculars??

Thanks!

bs0755

I do not recall all the individual prices we paid all at one time. I believed their prices on on their website.

You do not need binoculars. We loved the tower room with a view but if you will be spending a lot of time in the pool a garden room in certainly closer. It was chilly when we were in Ft. Lauderdale so we only used the pool one time. It is heated. We only a day and half in Ft. Lauderdale and wanted to do other things. We did the King Tut exhibit also and it was wonderful. My four year old grandson liked it a lot.

Nonna

It took me a long time to get an email quote but when I called direct they were great. I just booked with them for April, 6 person stretch limo, cost from FLL to Holiday Inn-Port of Miami was $102 and from Miami port back to FLL it was $120 (this includes gratuity!).

Hope this helps!

I called today and they quoted me 60.00 from the sheraton miami airport to the miami port. does anyone know what a cab for 4 people might cost . I'm trying to figure out which way to go. :confused:

I called today and they quoted me 60.00 from the sheraton miami airport to the miami port. does anyone know what a cab for 4 people might cost . I'm trying to figure out which way to go. :confused:

From the MIA airport area to the Port of Miami a taxi is a flat/fixed rate of $24 per cab.

That's a great price! Larry's has very nice newer cars.

Thanks - coming from you TrentS that makes me feel better. I have another question though for whoever might know - we opted for the meet & greet service from Larry's. Does anyone know how that works? Where will they meet us? Appreciate any info!!

Thanks - coming from you TrentS that makes me feel better. I have another question though for whoever might know - we opted for the meet & greet service from Larry's. Does anyone know how that works? Where will they meet us? Appreciate any info!!

Check with them to confirm, but I believe that means the driver will be meeting you in baggage claim, holding a sign with your name on it.

Check with them to confirm, but I believe that means the driver will be meeting you in baggage claim, holding a sign with your name on it.

That's what I thought but I will contact them to be sure. THANKS again!

I also asked about Larry's Limo. I went with TrentS recommendation. They were wonderful to speak to on the phone. We are going from Miami Airport to the hotel on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. There will be two of us, and the price will be $79.50 including tip. After the cruise, there will be 4 of us going back to the Miami Airport the price will be $122.50 including tip. I hope this info helps someone. Thanks again TrentS.

We booked Larry's Limo service via phone for FLL to HI at Port of Miami. Driver was waiting at FLL a/p luggage claim for us with sign with our name - took our luggage to the garage where he had a new Ford (or GM?) SUV - beautiful vehicle. He delivered us safely to the Holiday Inn at Port of Miami for I believe it was something like $55 or $60. Just watch out for the "cab drivers" positioned outside the Holiday Inn....one grabbed our luggage as Larry's driver placed it out on side-walk and lead us to believe that he was "with the hotel". However, before we entered the hotel, he asked for his "tip" saying they didn't appreciate his accepting tips inside the hotel - that's when realized he was NOT one of the bellmen for the hotel!

I'd used Larry's Limo again - just beware of the loafing cab drivers outside the hotel that want to make a few bucks by grabbing your luggage as if they work there!

Thanks Nonna5 and pooh1bear43113 for the info and (especially) for the tip about the cab drivers at the hotel. We will be sure to watch out for that. This forum is GREAT for getting quick, accurate information and the tips really will come in handy! :D

• 5 weeks later...

We have Larry's Limo booked for our cruise in April/May. When we booked, there were just 2 of us going, so we requested a Sedan. Now there are 4 of us going, Larry's website says that their sedan's can fit up to 4 people with 2 peices of luggage each. That seems kind of crowded for the drive from FLL to Miami. I checked their website and didn't see any vans (other than 11-15 passenger) or SUV's. Does anyone know if they have other types of vehicles? I tried sending them an email via a link on their website, but it got returned for "no such mailbox"

Thanks!

Archived