kids program

LDinCT

Hi, I have a DS who will be 12.5 when we cruise in March. Thinking of trying HAL, he has only done RCI Voyager class lately which has a 12-14 program. Are they strict about the age ranges? I know DCL allows you to go "up" after you have tried the lower age program. How many kids do we think will be onboard possibly the ZU in March? Thanks.

LDinCT

I had a son in a simular situation last March. He was 12 y 10 m and was not allowed to participate in the teen program (ages 13-17). He did participate in some of the activities in the 8-12 yo group and still really enjoyed the cruise.:)

We will be cruising on the Amsterdam in December and my now 13 year old son is very excited about being able to participate in the Teen program in the Loft and Oasis. My eldest DS is bummed though, because at 18, he is now too old for the program!!:rolleyes:

I am in a similar situation for my Noordam cruise this March. My son will be 3 weeks short of his 13th birthday and has his heart set on the teen club. We cruised two years ago and even at 11 he wasn't as "in" to the tweens club as he had been on our previous cruise. I asked my TA to check with HAL regarding his participation in the teen club, being he is so close to his birthday. She was informed that it it wouldn't be a problem. Your experience makes me want to call them myself... but I don't know how consistant the answers are from their call centre in Seattle. :confused:

Archived