Scuba Trip from Grand Princess

jbobst

I just reserved a spot on the scuba ship excursion in Belize. I was wondering if anyone has done this with Princess before? We have odd port times, and they claim that the dive boat leaves directly from the ship, so I decided it would be best and easiest to go with the cruise excursion. However, this is only my second cruise ever, and my first cruise didn't really offer any scuba trips. Can someone tell me what this trip is like?

I am thinking that if the cruise ship holds close to 3000 people, that this excursion will be very crowded. I am sure there are plenty of divers gong on this cruise, and I would assume there would be quite a bit of people going out on this excursion.

Also, when you dive in a group like this, how much freedom is there during the dive? Are you supposed to follow a guide the whole time, or do they drop you off in a particular area and let you go where you want? I will be buddy-less, and I am sure they'll be other single divers on this trip, so hopefully I can get paired up with someone.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

SEASPORTS belize is the only alternative to the Hugh Parkey's trip from Belize city....The Searles require a 4 person min. to dive, so as a solo and with the 6-30 to 1 pm time window...you're pretty much stuck( as I am too ) with that "choice":mad:

Saying that, I have read the Parkey's do a good job and split the divers into groups of 6-8 each with a DM for the group...and offer the Turneferee atoll dive which is one of the "recommended dive areas for Belize( blue hole and Caulkers caye being the other "hot Spots":D

Archived