FREE CRUISE!!!...thanks to the ....

Danno

I've posted this before but I now have some totals....

I don't smoke (never have) but for 14 months (roughly) I've been putting the price of a package of cigarettes per day PLUS all my pocket change in a jug, Jill puts in her change but no cig money...the grand total was just over $5300...the cruise, the air, the hotel are covered. Leaves me with the insurance and the onboard account.

Once on board I will toast the Canadian government and the cigarette companies for making this cruise possible.

I have employees who claim they want to travel but can't afford it...mind you they, and their wives, smoke...I agree, they can't afford it.

I'll take the good health...and the good cruising life.

Congratulations Danno & Jill!

I'm relieved that this year you qualified that you never have smoked. That pocket change really adds up. After you sharing your "free cruise" trick last year, I tried to put all my Tim Horton's money in a jar. Didn't work. I had to resort to opening a savings account. :D

Have a great cruise.

Terry

P.S. Is your Mom still doing well and able to look after Callie and (is it) Jib?

Everyone is fine...including Jib!! He's chewing Mr. Squeaky at my feet now...at least it's not my new Topsiders...Thanks!!

I glue the lid shut on the jug...I think I'm using an "ice melter" jug at the moment...I had to cut the lid off it last week.

Danno, I kinda do the same thing, I collect old soda bottles from the highway, turn them in and get 5 cents a bottle (that’s like $3 Canadian) I save it up and give it to charity, then I rip-off the collection basket at church to get my ten-fold back, I have $47,000 for my next cruise!

I've posted this before but I now have some totals....

I don't smoke (never have) but for 14 months (roughly) I've been putting the price of a package of cigarettes per day PLUS all my pocket change in a jug, Jill puts in her change but no cig money...the grand total was just over $5300...the cruise, the air, the hotel are covered. Leaves me with the insurance and the onboard account.

Once on board I will toast the Canadian government and the cigarette companies for making this cruise possible.

I have employees who claim they want to travel but can't afford it...mind you they, and their wives, smoke...I agree, they can't afford it.

I'll take the good health...and the good cruising life.

Price of butts here averages about $43.00 /ctn from the grocery store or around $1650 / year. Go to the Sundry store at the office and you are looking at $6.00 / pack and when I was in Chicago Airport a few weeks ago we were looking at $7.97 + tax. I gave up Cigarettes in 1988 btw.

I tried to put all my Tim Horton's money in a jar. Didn't work. I had to resort to opening a savings account. :D

It didn't work because you needed to start calling it "Wendy's Money". They bought Horton's back in '95, although they called it a "merger".

Danno, I kinda do the same thing, I collect old soda bottles from the highway, turn them in and get 5 cents a bottle (that’s like $3 Canadian) I save it up and give it to charity, then I rip-off the collection basket at church to get my ten-fold back, I have $47,000 for my next cruise!

Hi Newt !

You arent well... take your meds tonight <smile>

BTW... isnt that scheme how Enron got started ? :)

The way that rates are going up, can you get an inside cabin...........and insurance at the same time? Is that really $47,000 or just a misprint and what you really have is $47.00, which, by the way, only equals 940 bottles!!! Oh, wait...........that's 940,000 bottles collected. The highway department must have named you..............MR. CLEAN!!

Rick

Acutally I just envious that I didn't think of this.

Archived