POAm Hawaii - snorkeling & luau questions

tootall

Going on POAm & don't want to do the snorkeling & luau through the ship, based on everyone's comments. Stopping in Hilo, Maui, Kona, Kauai. ANy help is greatly appreciated!!:)!! I will be renting a car at most stops.:cool:

I would strongly recommend that you look into availability at the Old Lahaina Luau. Although they don't offer discounts and it's not cheap, it is consistently rated the best Luau in the Hawaiian Islands. The food is excellent, the alcohol is premium brands (and not watered down), the performance is outstanding, and the music and narration is top notch. But you literally should make reservations NOW for the dates you want. They already have a few sold out dates into August, and since their cancelation policies are very liberal, you have some flexibility later.

For snorkeling, if you're in Maui during whale season, do a boat ride to Molokini. You're likely to have at least one whale sighting on the way out, and the snorkeling at Molokini crater is very good. I wish I could recommend a good snorkeling excursion, but I'm a diver, not a snorkeler.

If you want to snorkel off a beach, Black Rock (at the Kaanapali Sheraton) is excellent, plus you can combine it with a day on Kaanapali beach if you want.

tootall,

I was just on that cruise... aren't you only at Kona for 1 day?? That's all we got....But there's an excellent snorkeling spot called Kahalu'u Beach Park .... Lot's of fish but alot of Turtles too..... I had such fun swimming with the Turtles... awesome....

And in Maui, do the Sheraton Kaanapali Beach break.... Great snorkeling and wonderful beach.... they have a reef to the right and the fish are amazing......We did our Laua prior to the cruise so can't help you there.. Have fun....:p

Archived