We went with Riverside, but a few questions

Lori777

Thanks to TrentS and everyone else for the help. We decided to go with the Riverside. I know there are a bunch of restaurants, bars and shops on Las Olas Boulevard. I just wanted to know if there is a liquor and food store, close by. My Dad really likes his breakfast, can anyone suggest a diner/restaurant. Also, how much for a cab to get to the hotel from the airport and how much to get from the hotel to the port. Thanks again.

There's a 7-11 on Las Olas a few blocks to the east. There's a CVS Drug store a couple of blocks north at the NW corner of Broward Blvd. & Federal Hwy. If you want a Publix or Winn-Dixie grocery store you'll need a taxi as they're a bit too far to walk, but both are less than 5 minutes away by car.

As for a breakfast/diner type place, the Floridian - 1410 East Las Olas... http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34227-d474047-Reviews-Floridian-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Cab fare should be around $20 or so.

Thanks to TrentS and everyone else for the help. We decided to go with the Riverside. I know there are a bunch of restaurants, bars and shops on Las Olas Boulevard. I just wanted to know if there is a liquor and food store, close by. My Dad really likes his breakfast, can anyone suggest a diner/restaurant. Also, how much for a cab to get to the hotel from the airport and how much to get from the hotel to the port. Thanks again.

First of all, you're going to love the Riverside!

Breakfast is very good at the Riverside.I suggest for dinner,you eat at Mango's down the street on the corner.

We walked to CVS, no problem. Just ask (Elizabet), at the front desk for directions.

As for transportation, they will also arrange for a town-car if you need one to pick you up at the Riverside, and take you to the ship. It cost us $30. The service at the Riverside is top-notch.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your stay at the Riverside.:D

Archived