Deck 11 on NCL Spirit question

tjmuds

Has anyone had any problems with noise from above when staying in a cabin on that deck? I thought I read somewhere that you can hear the chairs being dragged around from the deck above.

I guess it depends on how light a sleeper you are. We were on Deck 11 directly below the cafeteria (can't remember its name now - and it was only in September!) and DH said the chairs being moved around bothered him, but I never heard a thing. :confused:

I was on 11129 inside mid aft. The room was directly under Raffles Buffet. Because it was on the inside it was under the serving area not the seating area.

The noise did not bother us too much but there definitely is noise.

We likened it to waiting in the subway station. Silence...then the train approaches there is noise and rumbling. When the train moves on silence again. We decided that it was the movement of carts carrying dishes and food etc. Noise started about 5:00am and was pretty regular throught the day. It stopped around midnight as Raffles was closed. We did not hear voices or foot steps...just the rumbling of the train. We all joked "here comes the train" as the noise moved across our room.

Kids were sound sleepers...did not bother them. I am used to a little noise as we hear aircraft passing over our house. This noise for some reason did not bother me that much...I had good sleeps on this ship.

Archived