Taxi service from port to Rainforest Adventures

gaelicmom3

Has anyone gone to the ziplining at Rainforest Adventure and used their own taxi? I have been trying to find out the cost of the taxi for 6 adults. I am sure there are taxis at the port, just not sure how the rates would work. Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by gaelicmom3

We did this tour in November 2018..... a friend booked it not through the ship. It was fantastic!  Depending on how you booked the taxi may be included.....  exit the port between the stores to the right and you’ll find the taxi stands.... Rainforest Adventures has someone there on the left end of the taxi area. We had a person join us who didn’t pay for the taxi with their admission and I think they charged him 7.00 one way, but I’m not positive. You’ll have a blast it you choose to do all the activities. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. We just got off the Freedom yesterday. We did all the options at Rainforest Adventures and you were right, they were all a blast. We decided to just get our own taxi and were glad we did since we didn't have to adhere to the transfer schedule. It was a fixed rate, $7 per person each way, same price as booking through the website.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gaelicmom3 said:

Thanks for your reply. We just got off the Freedom yesterday. We did all the options at Rainforest Adventures and you were right, they were all a blast. We decided to just get our own taxi and were glad we did since we didn't have to adhere to the transfer schedule. It was a fixed rate, $7 per person each way, same price as booking through the website.

We are going on a cruise with RC in March and they do not offer this. So we were thinking of booking through another  excursion company.

Did you book on your own or through an excursion company?

Did you just wait for a taxi out front when you were done or schedule? We are in port from 9-6pm but since we’re not booking with RC just want to guarantee we will get back on time. How far is this place from the St Maarteen port? 

Thank you 😊

I booked right on their website. They have several package options. We did the Big 3, so we did all 4 activities. You can also book your transfers on their website but you have to go and come back at specific times and I did not want to do that. We could go there at either 9:30 or 10:30, and return at 1:30 or 2:30. There were 6 ships in port the day we were there so I knew it would get crowded. We docked at 8am and I knew they opened at 9 so we got off ASAP and went straight to the taxi stand in front of the port area. The taxi fare is a set price, $7 per person each way, and that was the same cost as the website transfers. Rainforest Adventures is about a 10-15 minute ride so we arrived before they opened. There were only a few people there when we arrived and they hadn't opened yet. We only waited a few minutes and because I had the tickets already they took us first in line so we were first up on the chairlift and on the tube ride, and that was right around 9. We then did the ziplines and were the first there also. Some people only do the Flying Dutchman so we were group 3 down the mountain, and that was after enjoying the view and taking tons of pictures. The view alone is worth the ride up the mountain. We were done by 10:30! By that time there were people there from 3 cruise ships and some only went up and down for the view so they were also done but had to wait over 2 hours for their return shuttle time! We thought it was fantastic and our plan worked perfectly, to get in and done before the heat and crowds. We still had almost a full day left because we didn't leave until 5pm. They have a facebook page and respond to messages very quickly and their times are shown there. There are some discount offers on their website. Also, on their website click on the cruise heading. If you don't do the Flying Dutchman they give Royal C discounts on the other rides. But do the Flying Dutchman, it's so worth it. Hope this helps. Happy to answer any questions. Have fun

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 7:45 AM, gaelicmom3 said:

I booked right on their website. They have several package options. We did the Big 3, so we did all 4 activities. You can also book your transfers on their website but you have to go and come back at specific times and I did not want to do that. We could go there at either 9:30 or 10:30, and return at 1:30 or 2:30. There were 6 ships in port the day we were there so I knew it would get crowded. We docked at 8am and I knew they opened at 9 so we got off ASAP and went straight to the taxi stand in front of the port area. The taxi fare is a set price, $7 per person each way, and that was the same cost as the website transfers. Rainforest Adventures is about a 10-15 minute ride so we arrived before they opened. There were only a few people there when we arrived and they hadn't opened yet. We only waited a few minutes and because I had the tickets already they took us first in line so we were first up on the chairlift and on the tube ride, and that was right around 9. We then did the ziplines and were the first there also. Some people only do the Flying Dutchman so we were group 3 down the mountain, and that was after enjoying the view and taking tons of pictures. The view alone is worth the ride up the mountain. We were done by 10:30! By that time there were people there from 3 cruise ships and some only went up and down for the view so they were also done but had to wait over 2 hours for their return shuttle time! We thought it was fantastic and our plan worked perfectly, to get in and done before the heat and crowds. We still had almost a full day left because we didn't leave until 5pm. They have a facebook page and respond to messages very quickly and their times are shown there. There are some discount offers on their website. Also, on their website click on the cruise heading. If you don't do the Flying Dutchman they give Royal C discounts on the other rides. But do the Flying Dutchman, it's so worth it. Hope this helps. Happy to answer any questions. Have fun

Thank you for sharing! :)

• Like 2