Anyone been in a room on the very front of the Mariner, decks 6-9?

We just received our room number from our TA (6204) and I am not sure what to think...not exactly impressed. Definitely will be bringing some sea-sickness meds!

Just wondering if anyone else has stayed in any of these rooms right on the front, overlooking the outdoor deck and observation deck on deck 5. Is that all we are going to be able to see, because that kind of defeats the purpose of having a window to at least see the ocean!

Please, any opinions?!

We had one last year on the Radiance. It was room 9502 (I think). Personally I would never do that again. We had a specific balcony picked out and then switched to a balcony guarantee to save a few $$. Most of the cruise was not bad but the last night was much rougher than normal coming back to Miami. That was our 5th cruise and we will return to picking our cabin out in the middle of the ship.

We had a front room on level 6 last year level. Feels roomier due to the shape of the room, howevere here are the bads.

At night you need the blinds closed people can see in a bit from the bow of the ship. Alos during the day but sun glare make it a bit harder.

It will feel rougher, when we came back up the florida coast it was pretty bumping. Not the swaying motion but you felt the bangs as you hit the waves. Didn't bother me to much put me to sleep. On smooth waters no problem. A long walk to the dining room though, but a cool view out the front.

I am booked for Dec 17-24 on the Mariner and there are 5 of us. RC told me those rooms were in the bow of the ship.

I too was wondering how that would be. I am on Deck 8, can the folks below really see in the rooms? Or did you mean if you had the lower decks?

Just confused, but wondering if I also made the right move.

Thanks...

Stacy

Our FIRST RCCL cruise :)

• 3 years later...

Archived