Tahiti 2007 Schedule - when will it open up?

TexasMom2

Can ya tell I'm excited?? I didn't waste any time and got my ticker posted!!!! Think it's too early for a roll call?? LOL!

Which cabin did you pick? Hope this is not a double post, my computer is acting weird.

thanks for the tip that it was open this evening. i just booked our 10/1 sailing for our 1 year anniversary. is it wrong to do that BEFORE our wedding??? ;)

we took an AA gty - so one can only hope for an upgrade! LOL

That's where we want to be - 7th deck aft in BA. My TA just so happened to email me about something else, so she is calling right now! It was killing me not to bug her about it until tomorrow, I'm glad she had a reason to email me.

Sleep in??? Those gorgeous blue Tahitian waters will have me up at the crack of dawn!:p

I know...I've been looking at pictures, reading reviews, and dreaming about it for 4 years. I'll be up at the crack of dawn, too. I am so giddy right now it's ridiculous. I'm going to drive my husband nuts talking about the planning for the next 14 months. I better stick to talking about it on these boards and just tell him all about it right before we go, or he might divorce me before we make it to our 25th anniversary. :)

You can be giddy with me. I went 3 years ago, but it was with an old boyfriend right before my divorce was final. I realized when I was there that Tahiti was such a romantically magical place...and I was there with the wrong person! I secretly put a deposit on a future cruise, vowing to myself I would some day return...with Mr. Right. When I finally met him, he always wanted to go there, and so we decided long ago that if/when we got married, that is where we would go! Congratulations on 25 years! I was with my ex for 21......

That is so romantic! What foresight you had when you put that deposit down, and now you are returning with your soul mate and will be sharing the beauty of the place with him and making new, better memories. Gave me chills. Yep, I need a glass of wine to settle down, I'm way too giddy.

I've read Marc's motu picnic on Huahine is a must (book early), and the circle-island tour on a Waverunner for Bora Bora. Not sure about Moorea, probably a snorkeling tour, since we are doing 3 nights post-cruise there. This is going to be so much fun!

mbw1024, congrats on your wedding, and your 1st anniversary, too.

We will stay at the Sheraton. I have enough points for one night in an overwater bungalow and will either pay for the other 2 nights, or move after the one night to an oceanview. I have to figure out if I can afford the $1500 for two nights to stay in the OWB the whole time. I want to see the fish through the glass panel in the floor in the OWB and be able to snorkel right from the deck, and have breakfast brought to me in a canoe.

I will probably hold off emailing Marc for a few months then book a year in advance, then confirm every so often. He's probably used to being pestered like that. :)

Wow! Is that the going rate for 2 nights? When I went last time, I was fortunate to stay a couple nights in Rangiroa at the Kia Ora Sauvage, a private motu with only 5 or so huts. I would love to have this type of experience, but oh so pricy! We also stayed one night before that at the Kia Ora in an OWB. I snorkled right off the back. The coffee table opened up so you could feed some bread to the fish. I was looking last night at the Sofitel Motu. Hate it when there are such mixed reviews, but the pictures looked wonderful.

Yep, $1500 for two nights once you figure in VAT and resort fees. I can get one night for free with my points, so I am considering switching to a $350/night room after one night. I may go ahead and book all 3 nights in OWB to hold it, wait and see what my bonus is like in Feb, and if it's good I may keep the OWB. I figure I will probably never get back to Tahiti after this trip and I'm afraid I'll regret not spending them money for the OWB.

[quote name='TexasMom2'] I figure I will probably never get back to Tahiti after this trip and I'm afraid I'll regret not spending them money for the OWB.[/QUOTE]

Never say never, but that is my philosophy as well. Just looked into the Intercontinental in Bora Bora, opening May 2006. 2 nights would be at least $2000, not to mention air, food, etc.:eek:

[quote name='Princess-of-Quite-alot']Never say never, but that is my philosophy as well. Just looked into the Intercontinental in Bora Bora, opening May 2006. 2 nights would be at least $2000, not to mention air, food, etc.:eek:[/quote]

We are on the same cruise as you, & are planning on doing 5 days post cruise on Bora Bora, at Club Med. At least if we book there, everything is included.

Minette

[quote name='TexasMom2']Yep, $1500 for two nights once you figure in VAT and resort fees. I can get one night for free with my points, so I am considering switching to a $350/night room after one night. I may go ahead and book all 3 nights in OWB to hold it, wait and see what my bonus is like in Feb, and if it's good I may keep the OWB. I figure I will probably never get back to Tahiti after this trip and I'm afraid I'll regret not spending them money for the OWB.[/QUOTE]
I just got an email back from the Sheraton Moorea regarding rates and the prices they are quoting for OWBs are more like $1800+ for 2 nights. Where did you get your best price from?

[I]Overwater bungalow: $ 814 + taxes (11% governmental tax + $1.50 city tax per person per day)
[I]
Horizon over water bungalow: $876 + taxes (11% governmental tax + $1.50 city tax per person per day)

Premium Horizon Overwater bungalow: $944 + taxes (11% governmental tax + $1.50 city tax per person per day)[/I]

[/I]

[quote name='Princess-of-Quite-alot']I just got an email back from the Sheraton Moorea regarding rates and the prices they are quoting for OWBs are more like $1800+ for 2 nights. Where did you get your best price from?

[I]Overwater bungalow: $ 814 + taxes (11% governmental tax + $1.50 city tax per person per day)[/I]
[I]
[I]Horizon over water bungalow: $876 + taxes (11% governmental tax + $1.50 city tax per person per day)[/I]

[I]Premium Horizon Overwater bungalow: $944 + taxes (11% governmental tax + $1.50 city tax per person per day)[/I]

[/I][/quote]

At starwood.com for July-August 2006 rates, they show the following (converted to USD + 11% taxes/fees):

Fully prepaid OWB - $586 + $65 = $651
OWB - $639 + $70 = $709
Horizon OWB - $688 + $75 $763
Premium Horizon OWB - $741 + $82 = $823

I wonder why they are quoting more over the phone than what is showing on their website. Each rate quoted except the fully prepaid has a 15-day cancellation policy, 1 night is the penalty. What I plan to do is book the horizon OWB through the website as soon as the schedule opens, 12 months in advance. If prices go up like you were quoted, I've locked in the web price. If they go down, I'll just cancel & rebook or call to get the lower rate. Plus, I called Starwood to confirm points needed for OWB and it's 32,000/night (not 50,000) for standard OWB. Isn't this fun?

Archived