Liberty - Air Arranged by CCR to Rome. Problems?

auburn77

Anyone have any problems(or good experience)with air to Rome through Carnival? I have never booked an air/cruise package with Carnival, but did this time because it's to Europe. It's actually $400 cheaper than I can now book myself.

I found the same thing... Carnival's price for airfare was much cheaper to Rome than I could get on my own, so I booked through CCL. This is also my first time having Carnival make flight arrangements, and I am not sailing until July 18th, so I can't give you any information about the experience. When are you going?

I did the European Cruise with my mother last October. I booked the air fare with them as it was much cheaper than doing it on my own. After I booked it, I got an air deviation for $50.00 more per person to pick my flights. I gave Carnival my ideal flights and they sent back what they could get me. We ended up with non Stop flights on Delta. We did fly out of JFK so it was very easy to get the nonstops. I was able to get the seats I wanted after I booked and then called Delta.

The transfers are very easy in Rome. They take your luggage at the airport and the next time you see it is in your state room.

The return to Rome Airport is another story. We were at the airport by 8AM with a 2PM flight. No check in before 4 hours before the flight. So all of us on the same Delta flight back to JFK stood in a very long line for a long time. We did not get out of the line or you lost your place. Once the four hour window had been met, the line moved very fast, but it proved to be a very long travel day.

Hope this helps.

I did the European Cruise with my mother last October. I booked the air fare with them as it was much cheaper than doing it on my own. After I booked it, I got an air deviation for $50.00 more per person to pick my flights. I gave Carnival my ideal flights and they sent back what they could get me. We ended up with non Stop flights on Delta. We did fly out of JFK so it was very easy to get the nonstops. I was able to get the seats I wanted after I booked and then called Delta.

I'm curious as to when you asked for the deviation. Was it after you found out which flight you were booked on by Carnival?

Also, do you know if the $50 fee is standard or does it vary? Thanks for the info. :)

After the final payments were made I asked my travel agent to get in touch with the AirSea Department about flights. I did not want to wait for Carnival to assign the flights. Their idea of a good flight and my idea are very different.

It took about 24 hours to get the information faxed back to him. I made the decision which flight I wanted, charged the additional fee to my Credit Card. Arrangements were made later that afternoon and I had my seat assignments on Delta later that evening.

The deviation is a fee charged by Carnival.

A point of information. I just tried to do this same thing for a cruise to Alaska in June and Carnival was charging $75.00 per person. I did much better on my own this time for flights.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb064&pp=ZSzeb001YYUS

Guest Crazeecat5

My DH and I used Carnival for our airfare to Rome for our last summer Liberty cruise. We had wonderful direct flights to and from NY. Only problem was that one of our suitcases got left behind at JFK. That was not Carnival's fault. American Airlines took full responsibility. Luckily, we flew in one day earlier and our luggage was brought aboard the Liberty a few hours before we set sail. We have booked our air before with Carnival and never had any problems. We have just booked our Alaska cruise air with them for this summer too.

Sheryl

• 2 weeks later...

We always use CCL to book our airfaire. Yes you might have a stop but it gives you a chance to meet some people before you get on the ship. We booked to Europe last year(from Denver) there are no direct flights to Rome. We met a couple on the first leg from Denver to Frankfurt and had a ball for 12 days with them, yes they also live in Colorado and now we are great friends. The flights did appear to be some what cheaper.

I cruised on the Liberty in September and took Carnival's air. Paid a lot less and had no problems. Went from Miami to Atlanta to Rome on Delta. Only problem was on the way back as Cruise from NY said the airport in Rome would not let us check in until 1PM. No one told us and we were in line for 4 fours. Mass confusion in that airport, but not Carnival's fault. Flying in was a breeze. People in the luggage area with Carnival signs. Picked up my luggage and gave it to a Carnival rep. Was guided personally to a bus and on my way. I was on board by noon and my luggage in my room prior to dinner. It was the smoothest embarkation I have ever experienced. And I might say a great cruise!

Archived