Hilton Garden Inn okay

mared1

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach Florida for 2 days pre cruise and 1 post cruise. This hotel is relatively new and quite nice. They have an outdoor pool and whirlpool. The rooms are nice and the front desk staff and other staff were pleasant and efficient. They offer a shuttle to and from the airport and cruise terminal. There are set times for the cruise terminal. One draw back is there is no free contential breakfast. They offer a breakfast buffet for $7.95 or $9.95 depending on what you eat.

The hotel is near fast food places, restaurants, and shops.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for some place to stay relatively close to the airport and port.

WOW how funny i just logged on to see if anyone had stayed at this hotel lol

How far is it from the airport ? is there an excutive lounge ?

jj....

It only took us about 10 minutes to get from the hotel to the airport. They do not have an executive lounge. They do have an area off the front desk where you can purchase items including beer, wine, etc.

Thanks - i have an HHonours card i wonder if you get upgraded to a Suite? or a free breakfast?

jj......

You could get either or both - you might have to call the hotel and ask. We had a junior suite and got a good rate because my husband is an government employee.

"The hotel is near fast food places, restaurants, and shops"

Are they within walking distance ? could you give me an idea off what type of restaurants, and shops are around.

Sorry for all the questions lol

jj......

"The hotel is near fast food places, restaurants, and shops"

Are they within walking distance ? could you give me an idea off what type of restaurants, and shops are around.

Sorry for all the questions lol

jj......

There is a Burger King, McDonalds and Taco Bell all within a block - you do have to cross a busy street to get to the McDonalds and Taco Bell.

Behind the McDonalds is a strip mall - it runs on both sides of the street. There is a variety of shops - can't think of any one in particular except a K-Mart. There is a nice neighborhood casual Italian Restaurant -Sals in the corner of one of the strip malls. Also Dave and Busters, Red Lobster, etc. The Hilton Garden Inn is located on SW 18th - the busy street is Sterling Rd. On the opposite side of Sterling, the street has another name (not SW 18th). There is a street light at that intersection so you can get across to the McDonalds, Taco Bell, and strip mall safely.

It is a fairly safe area - atleast I thought so - like any city, I wouldn't wonder around late at night. We had a car so could drive where ever we wanted to go. Not too far from the hotel, there looked to be a questionable neighborhood.

Do they have a pool, or better yet, a pool with a Tiki bar? What kind of rate did you get?

You aren't suppose to take glass containers in the pool area, but I think you can take cans. They did not have a bar at the pool area. I believe our rate was $123.00 for the junior suite.

Thanks. So far it's a toss-up between the Garden Inn and the Comfort, but that doesn't have very good reviews. Lago Mar looks too expensive, Ramada seems too far out of the way, the Marriott may or may not be open, I'm still trying to find something like the Radisson in Port Canaveral. We had a great time there.

Thanks. So far it's a toss-up between the Garden Inn and the Comfort, but that doesn't have very good reviews. Lago Mar looks too expensive, Ramada seems too far out of the way, the Marriott may or may not be open, I'm still trying to find something like the Radisson in Port Canaveral. We had a great time there.

The Comfort Inn is a horrible DUMP, no contest there!

Lago Mar and Marriott Harbor Beach are the closest to the atmosphere of the Radisson Port Canaveral.

Ramada is a nasty place in a BAD neighborhood with nothing to walk to, not that you would want to walk around in that area anyway! :eek:

Marina Marriott will be open, but it will no longer be a Marriott after February 24.

Rate i was getting yesterdat for December was £109+tax standard or £121+tax included breakfast for 2.

Thanks for all the info mared1

jj.......

You are very welcome - I hope you enjoy your stay in the U.S.!

"By the way, we are of Irish decent!"

Yeah yeah - you guys on the otherside of the Pond always say that :-)

PS- i'm not irish i'm British lol

jj.......

OOPS! Well, whatever ... have a great trip and enjoy the U.S. Actually, I am German and my husband Irish, but we like the British!

OOPS! Well, whatever ... have a great trip and enjoy the U.S. Actually, I am German and my husband Irish, but we like the British!

Thanks - mared1, what part of Germany you from - and what part of Ireland does your husband come from?

jj....

Thanks - mared1, what part of Germany you from - and what part of Ireland does your husband come from?

jj....

I am from Wiesbaden on the Rhine River - kind of central south - not too far from Belgium border. My husband from the area around New Ross.

Archived