Do cabins 6143 and 6144 have larger cabins than other CC cabins?

mad4cruising

I stayed in 6144, and it did seem a couple of feet wider than other category 1's I've been in on the 9th deck. The balcony is definitely much bigger (and made of teak wood), and because it's nestled between suites, it's a great location. It was the best non-suite cabin I've ever had.

Ed

I agree with Ed. We were told also that it is 2 feet wider which gives more room between the bed and other wall which makes it nice. Has a great balcony with 2 padded lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs plus a table and foot stools. It is a very quite area and would take one in a heart beat if they are available. Enjoy.

Don

Many people love the aft cabins for the extra large balcony and views from the balcony.

On the other hand, 6144/6143 have more privacy and the cabins get more light, and a better view when you're in the cabin. The balcony is nicer (teak wood) and the extra 2 feet in width is really great.

I would take 6144/43 over 7208; but I would take 7208 over any other cabins.

This is great news, we have booked 6144 on the Summit for 12/27/04. Booked it on research and some pictures, its nice to hear from someone who's actually stayed in them, which M-class were you all in?

Alan & Judy

WDW - 91, 99, 02

DCL - 99, 00, 01, 02

Summit - 1/04, 12/04

Alan & Judy

We were in 7208 on the Constellation last year and 6143 on the Infinity in March of this year. You can't go wrong with either cabin and we really enjoyed watching the wake of the ship in 7208, but 6143 was much quieter than 7208. You will enjoy your cabin very much.

Don

Don and Ed, thanks once again for taking the time to reply.

Don, we will taking the Constellation, July 2005, to the British Isles and Norwegian Fjords. Having experienced both cabins, which do you think would be better for this particular sailing, scenery-wise. Thanks again!

I believe that I would rather be in 7208 in order to see both sides of the ship, especially with the scenery you will be passing. If you can't get 7208, you might try and get the cabin that will let you see the most of land as you cruise. Not knowing which direction you will be going, it would have to be a decision on your part after looking at your cruise. Hope that you will enjoy the cruise and am sure you will.

Don

I believe that on your cruise that I would choose 7208 so you would be able to see both sides of the ship as you cruise. I would be able to flip a coin and be happy with either cabin. You will be passing some beautiful scenery and I would want to see all that would be possible. Good luck in choosing the right cabin for you. These cabins don't stay around very long.

Don

Since Celebrity lacks two bedroom suites on its ships, these cabins (6143 and 6144) are sometimes used as the "second bedroom" for the family members and friends of passengers in suites on this deck. But when they are not needed for this purpose they are sold as very nice 1A staterooms (beginning next year, as CC staterooms).

We took the Constellation last year to the Fjords and I would highly recommend an aft stateroom! The views through the Fjords seeing both side of the ship are fabulous. We took the overland shore excursion, so we would have missed one side of the ship.

Barb

I was in 6144 on Summit in April 2004. The balcony was huge and very private. We were near the suites and it was a little depressing in the afternoon when the butler would go by with treats and knock on all doors but ours! However, if it is now a CC cabin, that may change.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions! I have held cabin 6144 and am waitlisted for 7208, which is being held for someone but does not have a deposit on it yet.

If 7208 becomes available, I suppose I will have to make my final decision at that time. If not, at least I know I have a very nice cabin.

Each of the cabins has its strong points, but 7208 has the amazing views.The only thing I am not crazy about with 7208 is that the balcony is so long, it almost seems as if you are looking out through a tunnel.

Cabin 6144 has a nice sized, and nicely shaped, deck that is teak and is in a very quiet area of the ship. But not the same amazing views. And it also has the extra 2 ft. in width, which is nice. However, it seems as if what the cabin gains in width, it loses in depth, according to the deck plans (compared to other CC cabins).

Around and around in circles I seem to go. If anyone elose has further opinions/info they'd like to share, I would love to read it!

I really don't think you loose anything in depth in 6144 over the other cabins. If you notice, the ship juts out which lets the depth remain the same and gives you extra depth to the balcony. I personally still would take 7208 due to the scenery, but both would be great. Wish I had your problem trying to decide. Not many people have those 2 cabins on hold to have to make a decision on. Good luck.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Don...you mentioned that 7208 might be a little noisier than another cabin..Can you elaborate on what the noise is or where it is from? 7206 is currently open on my sailing and I am considering switching.

Kathy & George welcome to the New Year Cruise, this is also our second X cruise (both on the Summit) and our 1st New Year Cruise. I've started a thread over in the Roll Call Section (although no one has checked in). Did you sign up for the Connections Party?

Catch you later.

Archived