Pride of America, Large Balcony?

ChuckinSC

We have just sailed, in a standard balcony. It was much smaller than the balcony cabins we've been in on Royal Carribean. It was OK for us, but people who are overweight or have mobility issues could have trouble using the tiny bathroom, & moving around the cabin. We were on the port side which was great for viewing the Na Pali costline

• 4 weeks later...

We sailed on the POA in two connecting large balcony cabins (9004 & 9012 in August 2007 and 8514 & 8516 in March 2018) and loved them! I didn't go back to the website and look at the deck plans, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the large balconies are located forward on several of the upper decks. The  cabins themselves were, as far as I could tell, about the same size as "regular" balcony cabins.

In spite of the fact that the Hawaii cruise is very port intensive with no sea days, it was nice to return from a shore excursion and be able to spread out and relax. To me, the main difference between the "regular" balconies we've had on other ships and the large balconies on the POA was that the large balconies had two lounge chairs (with a small table in between) instead of two regular chairs. There was plenty of room left to walk around, even with the larger chairs. I would find the perk of lounge chairs and being able to put my feet up worth it even for two people. 

Good luck!

We just booked the large balcony on POA for January 2020. I usually book ocean-view this will be my first balcony. I must admit i'm a bit excited. We will be on the 7th. floor according to the NCL Rep near the stairwell and elevator. I looked online and see that our cabin is an adjoining cabin, I'm not sure how I feel about that.