Stingrays in the rain?

bebe624

OK maybe I am just paranoid being from LA? Maybe its because I've never been to the GC before? But I am planning on doing the stingrays tour next week but according to all the weather websites it is scattered showers over there? Do the boats still go out when it rains? I really hope I don't miss this excursion.

It doesn't really rain much there. We were there for a week (last week), and each day, rain was in the forcast. I think it sprinkled once. Don't worry too much about rain. It's like being in the mountains of Colorado. Every day started our clear and sunny, then the clouds rolled in in the afternoon...then they were gone.

We watched the news one night and they talked about it getting cold...It was going to be 77 that night! Brrrrrr....lol

Have a geat time!

Showers won't keep them from going out. Strong wind from the North will however. It is common for there to be showers in the forecast thru-out the caribbean most of the year, but the showers seldom last long and they don't usually cover an entire island.

Rain won't stop a rour, but when the water is rough-ish, the ship tours will be the first to cancel. If you are one of those and it cancels, run don't walk to the tenders and you can still probably pick one up on shore.

Unless, of course, you don't want to go out if there will be a few bumps...

I know weather websites are not the most accurate. It's just I'm really looking forward to doing the Stingrays. If my tour gets cancelled I have no Plan B, but to hang out on the boat.

I'm booked thru Moby Dicks, so I'll give u a full report when I return.

Less than 12 hours before my plane leaves and I'm still packing ...

Archived