New Orleans port parking

kenoqueen

I'm a little confused about the closest parking lots to the Breakaway terminal.  When I read the information on the NCL wite about parking it references a few lots. 

Which one have you found to be the closest or easiest? 

And if we depart on Sunday and return Friday morning is that 5 or 6 days parking? I see rates anywhere from $10 to $18. ??

Thank you in advance.  

We parked at the Julia Street parking the first time we cruised out of NOLA.  It is the closest to the terminal but in order to get to the parking lot, you have to drive through all of the traffic that is also on its way to the ship.  So that is other passengers leaving off their luggage and going to park, and all of the taxis as well.  It took us at least an hour to get through that.  If you do not drop off your luggage in that mass of traffic, you will be walking your luggage across train tracks and have to navigate through the traffic as well.

For subsequent cruises, we have used the web site below and parked at the Fulton Street garage.  It is a bit less expensive, and the shuttles are constantly operating for embarking and disembarking times.  It is only a couple of blocks from Julia Street and we have walked the distance as well.  Keep in mind if your cruise is coming up that it is Mardi Gras time and the lots are pretty busy, and getting around the city might be interesting.  We will be trying it ourselves for the March 3 sailing.

Note: If you do use this web site, scroll down the page some to get to the area where you get a quote or reserve. 

https://www.neworleansparking.com/

• Thanks 1