QM2 Wine List question

rgaimari

Hi,

I've got a pretty specific wine list question for someone who might be on-board the QM2 or has access to a detailed copy of the wine list. I had a Hungarian dessert wine while I was on this past cruise, and I'd like more info on how to track it down. The information I wrote down was that it was Royal Takaji Aszu Wine. However, now that I'm off and have done some research, that isn't enough to find it. In particular, I need to know the vintage (if any), and also the number of "puttonyos", which specifies the quality; it's likely a number between 5 and 7. Also, what was the size of the bottle? 500 ml? or 375 ml? If someone is willing to check into this for me, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks very much.

- Bob

p.s. Thanks to our sommelier, Laszlo, for recommending it! :)

Hungarian Wine Society | Tokaj | Tokay Wine. Check the link.

I had the pleasure of drinking this great dessert wine in Budapest. You are looking for 6 puntys (sp) which relates to the amount of grapes used to make a particular batch, The larger the number the better the quality.

While on QM2 I drank Port so I wasnt looking closely at the dessert wine menu.

Good luck on your search, The wine is sold in NYC but I am not sure as to the level of grapes, My guess on ship $100 a bottle give or take $20

Marty

PS Canadian ice wine is a very close match.

There are many references to this via Google. Do a search.

David.

Thanks for your advice; it was very helpful. Actually, it was the many references I found which prompted the question; I wanted to narrow it down so I could find the exact one. I'll check with you again, though, next time I need help!

- Bob

I had the pleasure of drinking this great dessert wine in Budapest. You are looking for 6 puntys (sp) which relates to the amount of grapes used to make a particular batch, The larger the number the better the quality.

Good luck on your search, The wine is sold in NYC but I am not sure as to the level of grapes, My guess on ship $100 a bottle give or take $20

Marty

Thanks. I was wondering about the puttonyos number. I was able to find some right here in my home town that were 5 puttonyos, but they were only about $30, so I didn't think it was the same. I'm going to look around for a 6 if I can find one that can be delivered. The 7's are almost $200, though!

I'm a huge fan of dessert wine. While on board, we had a Canadian ice wine, a Trokenbierenauslese (sp?) from Austria, and a couple of ports, but I had never had anything like the Hungarian wine. Our sommelier, Laszlo, is Hungarian, and we tried it at his recommendation. It was the nicest one we tried!

- Bob

Marty

Thanks. I was wondering about the puttonyos number. I was able to find some right here in my home town that were 5 puttonyos, but they were only about $30, so I didn't think it was the same. I'm going to look around for a 6 if I can find one that can be delivered. The 7's are almost $200, though!

I'm a huge fan of dessert wine. While on board, we had a Canadian ice wine, a Trokenbierenauslese (sp?) from Austria, and a couple of ports, but I had never had anything like the Hungarian wine. Our sommelier, Laszlo, is Hungarian, and we tried it at his recommendation. It was the nicest one we tried!

- Bob

Hi,

I've got a pretty specific wine list question for someone who might be on-board the QM2 or has access to a detailed copy of the wine list. I had a Hungarian dessert wine while I was on this past cruise, and I'd like more info on how to track it down. The information I wrote down was that it was Royal Takaji Aszu Wine. However, now that I'm off and have done some research, that isn't enough to find it. In particular, I need to know the vintage (if any), and also the number of "puttonyos", which specifies the quality; it's likely a number between 5 and 7. Also, what was the size of the bottle? 500 ml? or 375 ml? If someone is willing to check into this for me, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks very much.

- Bob

p.s. Thanks to our sommelier, Laszlo, for recommending it! :)

call cunard they will email you the wine list!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived