Carn. glory Feb 06 w/2 kids under 3

Hi all! Look I have been reading tons and tons on this webpage - and I love it! And I have posted a few questions today, hope you don’t mind.

Need some help!

We are traveling on the Carnival Glory Feb 11/06 with 2 kids, 3 and almost 2. SO the reality is we will not be enjoying all the luxuries of the cruise (and this is our first cruise!) BUT with kids with us we are limited, early dinners, we cant do the type of adventurous tours we would like in the ports since we have the kids......

I have heard really mixed reviews of Glory. And being our first cruise with kids am a bit scared. Our kids have traveled to the Caribbean with us and it was hard but great. Wondering if we made the right choice??

Looking for any advice or guidance at all!!!!!

THANKS

Hi,

We took our son on his first cruise on the "Glory" when he was 2 in Feb-2005 and he loved it! We are taking him on the "Legend" next month! We never had any problems with not being able to enjoy our cruise to the full extent. When we were on the Glory the camp carnival was spotless...and I'm a real freak when it comes to that stuff...:) (Authough my son only lasted 10min. until they paged us...I stay at home with him so he wasn't used to being away from us.) Hopefully this year will be different since he is in pre-school now. The waiters and waitresses were great in the dining room. Everyone was wonderful! Don't let the little ones hold you back...well, obviously you can't go snorkeling with them or go on a booze cruise... Enjoy them alot of people leave their kids at home, I don't need a vacation from my son...I love showing him the world, just as my parents did for me. Have a great time!

Thanks so much for your feedback littledylansmom. Wow! I can breath again! I am glad I am not leaving them at home and as long as we can have 2 hours or so a day, of the kids in camp and time just to hang by the pool I will be happy! I think that is fair.

and my kids being so close in age to know that they will be in camp together, with a bit of hesitation at first, I am sure they will be great?

Can I ask, how does formal night work with kids. I want our kids to eat with us (6:15?) seating and I cant imagine it getting that formal for any of us. I think just a basic black dress should be fine???

Also - did you go out to any ports?

Formal night is great with kids the staff really does cater to the kids! A simple black dress should be fine...Thats ususally what I wear. My husband wears a dark suit with a black tie (he's not into bow-ties!) and My son wears his little Tuxedo...It's funny but he looks foward to this!

When we were on the Glory in Feb. we went out to all the ports. We were sopposed to go to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martin but our ship had propulsion problems and we ended up going to Nassau, Freeport and Key west. In nassau we went to the atlantis resort. Freeport we went to the beach at the Westin Resort and Key west we just walked around town. On the Legend next month we will be getting off at all of the ports...I have a private tour scheduled in Barbados for my family with a tour of the caves, wildlife reserve, east coast, beach stop and lunch! My parents are going with us along with my 83 year old grandmother, so that was their Christmas gift (The tour, not the cruise!!!).

We haven't decided what to do yet in St. Martin or Martinique...but we will figure out something to do.

Also, you can rent strollers on the ship, when we were on the glory we rented one...I can remember it was really cheap for the whole week...I think they might even have double strollers, they are the "JEEP" strollers and they were really nice. It beats having to carry yours onboard and on the airplaine. Not sure if you knew that or not, but just thought I'd let you know.

We are on our 7th cruise.. Our granddaughter will be 6. She is on her 4th cruise. And now her baby brother is 1 year and 2 months and this will be his

first..

Camp Carnival is GREAT.. But we keep her close to us..

She has been on 9 islands....lol.. She hangs really good with us.

We go has a family. We have had 75 family and friends down to 25.

In 7 days we will be on the GLORY and can't wait..

You will have the time of your life and so will your kids.

Don't for get to have your agent or who ever you made your reservations

with order you high chairs for the dinning room.. They will have them ready..

HAVE A GREAT CRUIS

Archived