Horizon Family Harbor questions

mama_2_boys

The morning buffet was pretty small but fairly extensive. More than continental. There was bacon, sausage, buscuits, eggs, oatmeal, pastries, fresh fruit, waffles, etc. We only visited twice but it was about the same both times. Great on an early port day and debark day. Small space, though, so it got crowded. 

Later in the day there were cookies and simple sandwiches. I never tried those but the kids ate the sandwiches one day when we returned after lunch placed were shut down but too early for dinner. 

I cant answer your questions about the number of cabins. We had a family suite and it was perfect for 2 adults and 3 teens. We also loved the cove balcony. I would highly recommend. 

1 minute ago, BENHANDEL said:

The morning buffet was pretty small but fairly extensive. More than continental. There was bacon, sausage, buscuits, eggs, oatmeal, pastries, fresh fruit, waffles, etc. We only visited twice but it was about the same both times. Great on an early port day and debark day. Small space, though, so it got crowded. 

Later in the day there were cookies and simple sandwiches. I never tried those but the kids ate the sandwiches one day when we returned after lunch placed were shut down but too early for dinner. 

I cant answer your questions about the number of cabins. We had a family suite and it was perfect for 2 adults and 3 teens. We also loved the cove balcony. I would highly recommend. 

How was the family suite set up for 5? In all of the pics I've seen it looks like it would only sleep 4.

On 2/22/2019 at 12:44 PM, mama_2_boys said:

How was the family suite set up for 5? In all of the pics I've seen it looks like it would only sleep 4.

The family suitet was perfect for 5. My husband and I shared the king. The couch folded out to a bed perfect for my girls (14 but 5'8 and 12, kid-sized). They each had what appeared to be a twin-sized space.  There was an upper Pullman above them that worked great for my son (16, 5'10 175 pounds). He said it was super comfy and he had plenty of space. The girls' bed stayed out the whole time and we were never tripping over each other or beds. Really a perfect configuration for a cruise room for 5, especially with the spacious balcony. Very similar space-wise to the family room on Disney. My only complaint is that there should have been two toilets instead of two showering spaces, but it worked just fine. 

6 hours ago, BENHANDEL said:

The family suitet was perfect for 5. My husband and I shared the king. The couch folded out to a bed perfect for my girls (14 but 5'8 and 12, kid-sized). They each had what appeared to be a twin-sized space.  There was an upper Pullman above them that worked great for my son (16, 5'10 175 pounds). He said it was super comfy and he had plenty of space. The girls' bed stayed out the whole time and we were never tripping over each other or beds. Really a perfect configuration for a cruise room for 5, especially with the spacious balcony. Very similar space-wise to the family room on Disney. My only complaint is that there should have been two toilets instead of two showering spaces, but it worked just fine. 

I didn't realize the couch was a double. Thank you for all of the info. Depending on the price difference we might try a suite next year.

• Like 1

We had one of the Family Harbor suites on the Vista and the kids loved how their bed area had the curtain 🙂 and own TV to watch.  The breakfast was great since it did have a good variety and I loved the Cappuccino machine, our suite was just a few doors away from the entrance so it made it super easy to sneak in there to grab a coffee and some food.  And trust me, many at that time wore the robes during the morning 🙂.  

For afternoon they had some different finger sandwiches, I remember tuna and then turkey/ham plus they had some great deserts throughout the day.  The girls loved the ice-cream and then they had a fridge with milk, yogurts, etc which is great since my youngest likes chocolate milk with her medicine and so it was super easy to sneak down and grab some vs trying to get the dining room to find some or room service to bring.

We never felt it was crowded in there and saw kids playing the games and families playing board games several times.  I would not hesitate to book that category again.

• Like 1