Rainy Day Excursions???

txseashell

My husband and I will be visiting Belize City on 1/24 thru the Grand Princess. I checked the extended forecast and it seems rain has been predicted the entire week (scattered thunderstorms in Belize)! Any tips or suggestions on alternative excursions in Belize that can be done on a raindy day other than shopping? Thanks.:)

My husband and I will be visiting Belize City on 1/24 thru the Grand Princess. I checked the extended forecast and it seems rain has been predicted the entire week (scattered thunderstorms in Belize)! Any tips or suggestions on alternative excursions in Belize that can be done on a raindy day other than shopping? Thanks.:)

Hello From Belize, txseashell,

Rain? Has never stopped the party in Belize. Only if it comes in strong gusts, bad seas, completely overcast sky and especially wind from the wrong direction (north or west), will snorkeling, for instance, be in jeopardy. Even so, some experienced sea captains know exactly where to go to still enjoy snorkeling!

As for the land tours? Nada, nothing will stop those - a simple little raincoat or poncho and off we go!

Cave Tubing will not take place only if the river is in flood - and that happens very rarely.

So get in touch with whoever is organizing your tour - lots of good independent operators in Belize - check out the threads on this board, and join di party, mon. This is tropical and beautiful Belize, where all systems are go, go, go. Bet you when you come ashore next Tuesday, I or anyone on the dock, can say, if we meet you, you see, I told you so........!:) :D :p ;)

We just got off the ship yesterday, in Belize it was rainy, windy and only 64 degrees. We had 5 people scheduled for the Land Rover Tour, it was so much fun in the rain!!! Mud was flying everywhere, we had ponchos provided by the tour folks and we all felt that the rain made this tour even funner!! If you go, don't sit in the back of the Party Bus coming back as the breeze comes through the back and if you're wet, you will be uncomfortable. This is not recommended for those with a bad back, and I can't emphasize that enough!! Have fun!!

64 degrees in Belize ? I didn't know that was possible. Going next week better check the weather and bring more clothes (like that's possible). Did they cancel snorkeling tours that day ? Who'd you use for the land rover tour ?

We took the Land Rover tour through RCCL, I don't even know the actual name of the group who ran it. It was so cold that the people who live in Belize thought they were freezing to death!! We were still quite comfortable as we live in Maine :) but I was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt with "Crocs" shoes. BTW, "Crocs" were the best item I brought on the tour. I wore them everywhere except My Fair Lady!! I believe they cancelled all snorkeling on that day, but can't say for certain.

Crocs are all weather, all purpose shoes. They are plastic...I KNOW that sounds bad...BUT that's why they are so versatile. They have about 7 different styles and about 14 colors. I have a couple pairs but the ones I took were the beach version. Water runs right through them. The cool part is that they can be either clogs or sandals. The strap goes up over the arch if you want slip-ons but if you are concerned about them coming off, you slip the strap around your heel! We rented a scooter in Key West and all we had to do was flip the strap around to insure our shoes stayed on our feet. They have a lot of cushion and do have some support in the instep. My husband was not much of a believer in them even though our sons (in their late 20's) love them and myself (50 :D ).

Before leaving I practically forced them on my husband. He now LOVES them! I bought mine at Wild Oats market, he bought his over the internet at www.nofear.com. Large for men are sometimes hard to find depending on where you live. In Maine, there's not a lot of seasonal shoes available right now!! We did see others wearing them on the ship, by this time next year, RCCL will have their own version with a logo on them!!! LOL P.S. They only cost about $30!

Archived